• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

May 14, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
CalvinginMayonhay.jpg

Calving in May on hay
Thesethingsgetaroundprettygood.jpg

These things get around pretty good.
Wearingastockingcapyoudthinkitwouldbeice.jpg

All bundled up in a stocking cap, you'd think there would be snow and ice instead of green grass and water. :roll:
Atahorsesale.jpg

At a horse sale
Thefringeonhischinksalmostdragstheground.jpg

Size must not matter. The fringe on his chinks almost drags the ground.
PairofhalfPercheron-halfQuarterHorses.jpg

Pair of half Percheron-half Quarter Horses
Thishorseridesdouble.jpg

This horse rides double.

you could have used the team to pull the ranger when it gets bogged in...

Thanks for the photos of blue sky and green grass Soapweed. They give a guy a little hope and encouragement that things will improve.

Northern Rancher said:
Hopefully going to test drive a Molly this week-I want be a half ass man just like Soapweed.

Don't forget, "A mule is just as good as a horse, until you need a horse." :wink: Wish I'd heard this saying many years ago. It might have saved me a lot of grief. :)

If you lived closer I'd have you come check out my molly and john mules. The molly is a pretty good looking gal, brown in color, six years old, standing about 16 hands, weighing 1200 pounds, and having a better set of withers than most horses. Her mother was a daughter of Colonel Freckles.

The john mule is gentle and nice to ride. He reins well, and actually has quite a bit of cow sense. He is a ten-year-old sorrel standing about fifteen hands and weighs about 1050 pounds.

Both of these fine animals are for sale.

well your overdue for a canadian vacation-can you rope off either one of them? I've always wanted to ride one just to see what they are like. I saw a suffolk Punch X mule this spring was a pretty darn nice critter.

Never saw you up on that side, was tryin not to stare at folks. :lol:
You shoulda stopped us...
I wish we woulda stayed longer. That guy had those horses with a buggy at the preview, what did they go for?

Ranch Mom said:
Never saw you up on that side, was tryin not to stare at folks. :lol:
You shoulda stopped us...
I wish we woulda stayed longer. That guy had those horses with a buggy at the preview, what did they go for?

They were half Percheron-half Quarter Horse, eight years old, and "too much horse for his wife to drive." They brought $1400 each at two times the money ($2800 for the pair).

Latest posts