• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

May 2, 2011 In Contrast

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
You can't see me.
P4290445.jpg

Two different kind of baldies in the same family.
P4290446.jpg

Best dam lamb in Anaham.
P4300453.jpg

Black Baldy?
P4300454.jpg

Photos taken at 4:00 PM
Looking south off our deck.
P5020455.jpg

Looking west.
P5020456.jpg

NW off the front steps.
P5020457.jpg

That frozen water covering your grass is probably better than having it covered by unfrozen water. Either way makes growing grass difficult. Warm thoughts sent your way after looking at the pretty sheepys. Nice pics and thanks for taking me on a trip to BC.

:? looks a lot like winter up there yet, my friend. we are bared off, but the grass sure seems slow to go. needs to warm up and stay that way. i'm sure pretty soon we'll be bitchin' cause it's to hot. :? :???: :wink:

i don't care for sheep, but my wife says she'll take that "black baldy" off your hands. :D

Isn't there a hole on the bottom of that gravity wagon? No need to tip it over. :?

Snow is gone here finally but the fields are sopping wet and soft and no grass is growing yet. Got to 19 yesterday but is windy and 8 today. Going to be a very late year again, just hope we can get things seeded in time. Am thinking grazing corn is not an option this year.

Love your baldies Gc !!!! All your babies look great, thanks for sharing the pics. :)

per said:
Isn't there a hole on the bottom of that gravity wagon? No need to tip it over. :?

As a shed has never been a big priority here, the storage method of the grain wagon will eliminate the need of chopping ice in case I ever decide to use it in mid winter. Until then it can repose in comfortable slumber on it's side. :wink:

At first glance, I thought the second "black baldie" was actually a goat.
Unbelievable ammount of snow! Especially considering we already past the 20 degree mark in the desert.

No matter which way you look from the deck, you have a pretty view. I like your pole fences, which are functional, readily available, and very picturesque. At some point in time will you boil the baldy billy? :wink:

Soapweed said:
No matter which way you look from the deck, you have a pretty view. I like your pole fences, which are functional, readily available, and very picturesque. At some point in time will you boil the baldy billy? :wink:

Thanks Soap, I think green is prettier but it will eventually turn that shade.

I know when a guy is straight cowman. Those kind can't tell a lamb from a kid, and most likely don't care. :D :wink:

very picturesque Gcreek, hope the snow and mud goes for you soon. How many months on average in a year do you have to feed? are you able to grow most of your own feed? i've seen that you bring in some but is that normal?

hayguy said:
very picturesque Gcreek, hope the snow and mud goes for you soon. How many months on average in a year do you have to feed? are you able to grow most of your own feed? i've seen that you bring in some but is that normal?

Thanks Hayguy.

Our feeding period can vary from 180 to 135 days, depending on the year.
Last summer was quite dry and our irrigation ditches dried up early followed by very little rain during the growing period. when we bought the property 2 years ago we had hoped to not buy hay again but Murphy's Luck was with us.
The excavator we aquired last fall will eventually fix our irrigation shortfalls for the most part. Looking forward to another year.

I have come to the beleif that we aren't ever short of hay, we just have too many cattle at times. :wink:

Latest posts