• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MCG at County Fair-Grand Champion Steer WOOHOO!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
MCG did it again. Another Grand Champion steer :D

GrandChampionSteer.jpg

Unruly steer-this kid never spends time on his animal..it is obvious

unrulyunbrokeanimal.jpg

MCG's awards

Awards.jpg

MCG received Reserve Champion showmanship (she used her heifer), Grand Champion Senior Herdsman, Grand Champion Market Steer, Blue ribbon breeding beef, Grand Champion leather, GC Leadership, GC Vet Science, GC Photography, GC Indoor Ag

Was in the camper watching this squirrel
Curious critter

Curioussquirrel.jpg

Lounging in the road - it's hard to see but this squirrel was laying with both hind legs behind him.

Loungingintheroad.jpg

Thats Great!!!! :D That is the first steer I have seen that looks like a real market steer from the show ring. Most of the one I see around here are just to fat and not enought muscle.

I USDA grade calves coming though the sale barns and that is a true number one large frame steer.

thickness.jpg

grading_sheet.jpg

Congratulations to MCG. That is a fine looking steer that she showed to Grand Champion status. She looks to be confident and in complete control of the situation. Great job.

Trinity man said:
Thats Great!!!! :D That is the first steer I have seen that looks like a real market steer from the show ring. Most of the one I see around here are just to fat and not enought muscle.

I USDA grade calves coming though the sale barns and that is a true number one large frame steer.

thickness.jpg

grading_sheet.jpg

Thanks trinity man, we take pride in our genetics. We have Gelbvieh Angus mother cows, we fall calve and AI our heifers and cows. We have to have a small spring herd for our daughter to enter a steer in the fair. The sire to this steer is one of our "home grown" bulls. We haven't purchased a bull in years. :)

Latest posts