• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
I posted some photos from a bull delivering marathon through South Central SD in the Coffee Shop so I thought I'd post some I've taken over the past week or so at our outfit.

oddbumperornament.jpg

Well, there is one exception...I followed this pickup home...what is the significance???

deweycows-1.jpg

Dewy Saturday morning sunrise.

dogandholly.jpg

Holly and her buddy Dog.

guardingthefourwheeler.jpg

Guard Dogs

hollypickup.jpg

hollystickingtongueout.jpg

Holly on the back of the pickup....and sticking her tongue out!

hollytractor.jpg

Holly managing the tractor servicing project. I washed the windows, while lazy ace did the dirty work.

915oldcow.jpg

915-1.jpg

One of our favorite cows. She's nine and the Grandmum of one of the best bulls we've raised.

046.jpg

Another cow.

022.jpg

Cow and calf...I think the calf is sired by a bull named 3M Red Robin owns. Those 3Ms are sure thick, meaty rascals.

029.jpg

Lazy Ace workin'. Yes, ladies and gents, we do weigh our calves.

macaroani1.jpg

I'm sure glad Macaroani isn't scared of his shadow.

marbledgodwits2.jpg

marbledgodwits3.jpg

The Marbled Godwits just arrived back. They don't let me get very close on Macaroani.

itchy1.jpg

Lazy Ace and Itchy.

4-13-2008sunset1.jpg

Sunday night sunset.

4-14-2008sunrisewindmill1.jpg

4-14-2008sunrisewindmill2.jpg

Monday morning sunrise.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Those gloves look familiar Lazy Ace :lol:

I am glad to hear you say that is one of your favorite cows on the ranch, since she is now part of our new investment. :D

Are you trying to convince us that Lazy Ace doesn't have a "cool one" cooler mounted on the back of his saddle :???: :shock: :wink: :lol: :p

Good pictures...

Nice pictures TTB. I still can't get over how soft the dirt is there. :lol: Sounds strange I guess. I don't think if you fell up there it'd even skin your knee. Nice cows and other pictures as well. Looks like your tank has a little extra mud above the water line. Still no rain?

The "balls" that are hanging from the back hitch are a status symbols for the boys around here. :!: :!: :wink: Just means that they got "balls" to pull pranks or well hung!!! :) :roll: :wink:

Great pictures, thanks!! Can't believe the old grass you've got, boy am I jealous. Is Macaroni your new horse?

>>ust means that they got "balls" to pull pranks or well hung!!<<

Whatever, I have usually found that the boys (men) who fit into this category are usually trying to hide their SHORT comings of their actual physical endowments.

Thank you all for the complements.

BRG...lazy ace has just about worn out those gloves. Think you can talk the Mrs. out of another pair?

Nicky...Macaroani is a horse we raised. He and Itchy (the little palamino) are half sibs..sharing the same Mum. Macs is four and Itchy is three. They are both smart and quick as whips and quite cowy. Macs only downfall is he is waaaayyyy to tall for me to get on without assistance. Itchy is more my size :D . Their Mum, Roan as we call her, is a sweet little mare who throws colts that are pretty catty, cowy, and smart, with OUTSTANDING dispositions. She just had a full brother to Itchy last week. Roan, for those pedigree nuts is Snippys Driftwood (Snippys Cowboy) on the top and Sun Frost on the bottom. I can't remember who Macs sire is, but Itchy is Frenchmans Guy and Wild Deck on the top, Roan on the bottom :lol:

About these hitch ornaments...in my opinion, that is about as tacky as it comes. Further, it was a gal driving the pickup :shock: shouldn't she be sporting something else :eek: :shock:

Have a good day!

Cheers---

Frank in West Dakota said:
Further, it was a gal driving the pickup shouldn't she be sporting something else

Not if she's earned 'em!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess I'm gettin' old...just don't see the "excitement" in the hitch ornament deal.

Cheers---

PS Frank...that outfit doesn't belong to one of your kids does it? It was in what I think is probably your neck of the prairie. :wink:

Guess I'm gettin' old...just don't see the "excitement" in the hitch ornament deal.

They're just a fad, come and gone. They were funny when they first come out, though.
You're not that old to be sayin' I'm getting too old.

PS Frank...that outfit doesn't belong to one of your kids does it?

No, but my oldest would think it would be an appropriate symbol, and the other two aren't old enough to drive, yet. On the highway anyway.

It was in what I think is probably your neck of the prairie.

I'm glad to see you've figured out who I am. I didn't think that was in my neck of the prairie, because of the new highway. Wrooonngg!! It's right north of my most patronized town.

Latest posts