• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

mega convention

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Spent a couple days in Casper, Wyoming Conservation Districts, WWGA and WSGA convention. lot of trade show booth, won a toy JD tractor from one with flyers of no-till drills. Food was great to not very good. There were a few flat top quilt sized neckerchiefs knee high cowboy boot types there. Neighbor said he had a friend that had a big operation, and a few Buc-a-roo in the bunk house. He went out one evening and stuck his head in the buck house, he said he been reading American horsemen and it said there was only 200-300 Buc-a-roos left in the USA. The flat boys smiled and said yes, to which the boss said, " we keep spraying them we'll have them gone in a couple years". turn around and left.

I hope we never lose all the buckaroos. I have nothing against wild tags and flat tops and stove pipe boots. It's been a huge part of the Great Basin culture and more great hands I know wear most of that gear. A hand is a hand. Who cares what they wear?
seem when they get this far north their hands only fit reins and a rope, but won't go around an irrigation shovel, pitchfork, or even fencing pilers. now laugh a bit H, the other ranching pages I posted most everybody laughed.

I see both sides. I'd always rather just cowboy if given the chance. Lots of ranches value a horseback hand much much more than a fence crew or an irrigation hand. I'll stay on the side of the buckaroo.

I see both sides. I'd always rather just cowboy if given the chance. Lots of ranches value a horseback hand much much more than a fence crew or an irrigation hand. I'll stay on the side of the buckaroo.
that's funny, Frank Shepperson (world steer wrest champ back in 76), run a rather large operation and he talked up a gal he had on a large rent place he had 1000, cows on. Said she was a hand after 2 weeks she needs another box of staples; he took her three and she was out before fall gather.

Last edited:
that's funny, Frank Shepperson (world steer wrest champ back in 76), run a rather large operation and he talked up a gal he had on a large rent place he had 1000, cows on. Said she was a hand after 2 weeks she needs another box of staples; he took her three and she was out before fall gather.
I hope he kept her around.

Latest posts