• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Merry Christmas from Scrooge

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
:santa: Merry Christmas from the Scrooge
Just wasn't in the Christmas spirit, not ready for ol' St Nick,
Went to the community concert, for sure that would do the trick.
Sat and listened to the bands, the kids, the choirs and such,
It was all well and good, still didn't seem to help all that much.
Promised the wife I would go shopping, but only for a day,
Got out early, got the chores done and fed all the cows their hay.
Made the drive into the city, takes over an hour and a half,
Thought maybe this would do it, at least give me a good laugh.
But then I had to go and ask her, "where should we stop first?"
Her reply was "well Walmart" that's when I started to curse.
That place is a cancer, filled with people, growing on this earth,
I would rather have to deal with a mad cow calving, with a true breech birth.
The isles were all crowded, you could not even turn around,
Guess everyone else thought it a good day, to go into this town.
I went my way, she and the daughter went their own,
Made me a few purchases, I was ready to head home.
Put my prizes behind the seat, sat and waited for their return.
Could not wait to get out of there, for the country I did yearn.
Sat and waited, and waited, and waited and talked to my canine friend,
Hoping and praying that this day and its misgivings would quickly come to an end.
When they finally emerged from the mouth of that giant cavern
I'm the one that got a good scolding, now I'm thinking it's time to hit the local tavern.
I got my good lesson, my chewing out for the day,
Next time they go shopping, I'm staying home to feed the cows their hay.
Next day we go to the country church, to watch the kids program,
The roof did not even collapse, these people know who I am.
Watched the kids perform their play and listened to them singing their songs,
Things started to get to me when they did Silent Night, and the crowd sang along.
Their play was about a soldier who could not make it home that year,
Started me thinking about my Marine, was pretty hard to hold back a tear.
Yes, these little kids were getting to me, the Scrooge was leaving me,
Took a bunch of kids to clear the way, so that I could see.
It's the real meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate this birthday,
You just have to keep all of the garbage from getting in the way.
Got to keep the teachings of Jesus coming from your heart,
Sharing and simple kindness is a very good place to start.
So from my house to yours, may the season bring you cheer,
Have a merry Christmas, and a very joyful New Year.

Scrooge
:santa:

sw,

So that's what you've been working on in my office :!: Great poem, glad you're getting into the spirit. You folks out there - he forgot to mention the first time we went to WalMart, it was during the week and much quieter. Besides I don't care for WalMart, either, and I don't like to shop, but it's a place where they have about everything if you're in a hurry get 'er done before sw gets cranky! Believe me he was getting cranky!

Hanta Yo said:
sw,

So that's what you've been working on in my office :!: Great poem, glad you're getting into the spirit. You folks out there - he forgot to mention the first time we went to WalMart, it was during the week and much quieter. Besides I don't care for WalMart, either, and I don't like to shop, but it's a place where they have about everything if you're in a hurry get 'er done before sw gets cranky! Believe me he was getting cranky![/quote

Not sweet little SW.

By the way Tam is picking up the US mail today and their is a parcel from Musselshell. Can't wait to watch it. :lol: :cowboy: :santa:

Good job Cowboy :D I too have a love, hate relationship with Walmart. Where else can you do all your Christmas shopping, get the groceries, see most of your neighbors and only have to park once. :wink:

Nothing like a Kid's Christmas program to get a Scrooge in the mood. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I was wondering how you were doing, too, and what all you were up to. Doin' all that Christmas stuff like so many others right now, huh. And finding some time to be poetic. That's great! Great story poem! I especially like that part about keeping the teachings of Jesus coming from the heart. I hope 2006 will be a great year for that. There will be plenty of opportunities to be an example to the world - a world that is in need of a good example.

Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for the poem sw and the package came today. I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I know it will be great. Thanks!

Oh, and Jr Bob and I refuse to go into Walmart. We want higher prices and slower service! :wink:

I heartily agree with the line in your poem about Wal-Mart being a cancer.
I think every town, in which Wal-Mart is contemplating building, should fight that with averything available unless they want to see their established businesses destroyed.

Valentine, Ne did and they won. When the Holiday Inn Express went into that town and the town council found out that they were to also have a small Walmart comein too, they fought tooth and nail to keep them out and, they did it :!: :!: :wink: :clap: :clap: :cboy: :santa:

wonderful poem, sw!!! My jesse is the same way.....he'd rather undergo a root canal than deal with wally-world!! Probably one of the reasons he does as much of his shopping in the small, local stores around here is as possible!!
Got our package the other day and the two little ones (flint and Riley) have watched it already 3 or 4 times....my turn in line has not come yet! :wink: :wink:

Latest posts