• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Merry Christmas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

tumbleweed_texn

Reaction score
Merry Christmas

This year has been full of blessings for us, and I hope for your spread as well. The good Lord has seen fit to bless us with the keeping of his 10,000 cattle on 10,000 hills. I for one feel lucky to have that honor. People may look down on us for whatever reason, but we are the ones they look to for a friendly word or smile. We make their holiday meals possible and that makes me feel good. God knew he needed men and women like us to do a thankless job with poor conditions and oftentimes bad pay. We laugh and joke and try to oneup each other on who has it worse. That is the attitude to have. Because, no matter how bad it is, nor how bad we think it is, we'd do it regardless. As a little kid all I ever wanted to do was have cows and horses. Sometimes Im not sure which is worse, dreamin and wanting, or actually having. I wouldnt trade places with anyone. How many people in the world get to wake up and look forward to another day of doing what they love? As ranchers we are truly blessed. We know what we will eat for supper. We know what we will be doing months in advance. We know that we are needed. That is all most folks want, is to be needed. We are in an occupation that is family oriented. Our friends are there to help in a pinch. People trust us. We are blessed.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Latest posts