• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Merry Covid Christmas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Littlest H tested positive for covid yesterday. He picked it up at a wrestling tournament. So far he just has head cold type symptoms. And the four of us are in quarantine for the next 7-10 days. We will ride this out and be fine. But it should make for an interesting couple of weeks. Wanted to wish y'all a very Merry Christmas and a fine 2021. Be blessed in all ya do. It's sure an interesting time to be alive. With all the challenges it is easy to dwell on the problems. But life sure goes smoother when I count my friends and my blessings instead. Thanks for the good friends I've made here. Appreciate ya!!!

Littlest H tested positive for covid yesterday. He picked it up at a wrestling tournament. So far he just has head cold type symptoms. And the four of us are in quarantine for the next 7-10 days. We will ride this out and be fine. But it should make for an interesting couple of weeks. Wanted to wish y'all a very Merry Christmas and a fine 2021. Be blessed in all ya do. It's sure an interesting time to be alive. With all the challenges it is easy to dwell on the problems. But life sure goes smoother when I count my friends and my blessings instead. Thanks for the good friends I've made here. Appreciate ya!!!
Sorry to hear you are quarantined. Wishing you and those you hold dear a Merry Christmas and the best to you in the New Year.
58 degrees here but going to switch to 23 tomorrow, then back up in the 40's from now to Chistmas day.
We appreciate you!! Thanks for being here.

Crazy year for sure. We've been 'locked down' forever it seems like. No one really pays attention out here. However, our neighbors have had it in the last week so our Christmas Eve is cancelled. But we will get to go the Christmas Eve service church which is a PLUS! We haven't done that the whole time we've live here because of our neighbors (adopted family) get together. Merry Christmas to everyone here!!

Crazy year for sure. We've been 'locked down' forever it seems like. No one really pays attention out here. However, our neighbors have had it in the last week so our Christmas Eve is cancelled. But we will get to go the Christmas Eve service church which is a PLUS! We haven't done that the whole time we've live here because of our neighbors (adopted family) get together. Merry Christmas to everyone here!!
Which church? We are going to Harvest for Christmas eve service.

Merry Christmas to all from our corner of the world, the corone is on the decline in Nebraska currently. Cows don't seem to care about it much. Best wishes H and family.

Merry Christmas to all. In thinking back of other Christmas's I thought of 75 years ago, a one room school Christmas play. I don't remember much about the play, but it was a cowboy theme, with sitting around a fire of red cellophane and a flashlight under it. Sheets hung on stove pipe wire dividing the stage. Somebody probably brought a Alladin lamp for light.
Eighteen year old red haired teacher, Ruth Bergett. She liked cowboy themes. One song we sang often was "My home's in Montana, I wear a bandanna, my spurs are of silver, my pony is grey", along with the songs like "Skip to my Lou" in our little song books. I believe we only had six students that year: Tom Rasumssen and Shirley Luedke in the eighth grade, then Ann Noteboom, Ivan Noteboom, my brother Norman in 2nd grade and me in first grade. Tom has been gone for some time, and we lost Ivan in Viet Nam. Shirley often helped teach me spelling etc.
I remember the Phonics book, a large book with pictures of a person holding his mouth and tongue to show the sounds of different letters of the alphabet. The school had a large stove in the middle with a metal shield around it, coal and cob bins on the south side of the school to fire the stove.
Another Christmas play I remember: 1963 in Fort Gordon, Georgia: Several of us were picked to go to General Salet's (pronounced "Salay") Christmas play. We were taken to a place where a bus was to pick us up. Another hurry up and wait. We stood out in the cold for 45 minutes before the bus came. Even with overcoats on it was cold. The play was downtown in Augusta. The familiar Christmas story of the trip to Bethlehem, the birth in a manger, etc. The stage had something like cheesecloth in front so when the stage was lit you could see the actors, and when dark and lit from the front they were not visible. Got back to the barracks, cold in there. Went out and shoveled in a couple shovels of coal and with the poker make some holes for air in the coals and warmed it up.
Went to midnight mass tonight, not the usual crowd, but a nice turnout.

Thank you for sharing your memories. Those were some great old times.
Dad often told about coming home from a Christmas play in town when my sister was little and the car felt like they were driving on square tires. It was 40 below that night but not a breath of wind. These days we probably wouldn't bother going out as it would be to cold.
Merry Christmas

A picture of my grandpa on the right and two of his brothers, Jack and Herman. My mom gave me this gift this morning. Had to leave our presents on the step but totally worth it. What a heritage I have!!!! What an honor to ride where they rode and follow the lifestyle they loved!!!!! Merry Christmas y'all!!!!!!! ❤️
A6AB6776-9FFC-4E7E-855E-6F114F9B2052.jpeg

A picture of my grandpa on the right and two of his brothers, Jack and Herman. My mom gave me this gift this morning. Had to leave our presents on the step but totally worth it. What a heritage I have!!!! What an honor to ride where they rode and follow the lifestyle they loved!!!!! Merry Christmas y'all!!!!!!! ❤️View attachment 331
just hope the great grandkids hold onto the picture, what a relic.

Latest posts