• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mexican Beef Production May Drop 70%

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Latin America News Digest

May 25, 2005 01:53 PM EEST

209 words

Mexico Beef Production May Drop 70 Pct Y/Y 2005

Invertia - Mexico

Mexican beef production may fall to 450,000 tonnes in 2005, down 70 pct year-on-year, the vice president of Mexican association of beef cattle farmers AMEG, Ignacio Villarreal Cortes, said on May 24, 2005.

The main reason for the decrease will be the new set of requirements for beef imports, which the USA will introduce on June 1, 2005.

The most affected from the new regulations will be the states with cases of bovine tuberculosis. Some of the leading beef exporting states as Durango and Nuevo Leon will suffer a considerable cut down in their production. The overall losses will stand around $1.0 bln (794.2 mln euro), Cortes added.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture halted cattle shipments from the Mexican state of Durango because of insufficient restrictions to prevent the spread of bovine tuberculosis. At the same time, the U.S. meat producers are facing low supplies because of a two-year-old ban on imports of Canadian cattle.

The state of Durango accounts for about 17 pct of annual Mexican beef exports to the USA.

The bovine tuberculosis is a contagious disease that can be transmitted from livestock to humans and to other animals.

[Alternative/Original name: Asociacion Mexicana de Engordadores de Ganado Bovino (AMEG).]

http://mx.invertia.com

May 25, 2005

You know old timer the more I look at the circumstances shaping the cattle buisness the more I feel like selling out,let my pastures rest take the money and run.See what happens next year,maybe some one like agman will feel sorry for an uneducated cowboy and give me some good advice.................good luck PS with both borders slowed ........NAW, I better ask agman

HAY MAKER said:
You know old timer the more I look at the circumstances shaping the cattle buisness the more I feel like selling out,let my pastures rest take the money and run.See what happens next year,maybe some one like agman will feel sorry for an uneducated cowboy and give me some good advice.................good luck PS with both borders slowed ........NAW, I better ask agman

You can buy more packer stock.

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

You can buy more packer stock.

Yes I sure could,then cuss them R CALFERs good ,which packer stock do you suggest,I have asked ~SH~ but he feels like IM his competion,which ones do you own & how are you doing with it?...........good luck

Latest posts