• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mexico is quietly taking Canada's place

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TARSman

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Here is some information from today's Las Cruces (NM) Sun-News.

"Beef Imports - According to the New Mexico Border Authority, 194,000 cattle from Mexico have been imported into the U.S. from October through the end of February.

At New Mexico ports of entry, particularly the Union Ganadera Regional de Chihuahua - located near the Santa Teresa Port of Entry - 63,000 cattle have been imported from Mexico so far this year.

Last year, 149,000 Mexican cattle were imported into the U.S."

And Mexico will not allow U.S. cattle into Mexico, "because you had a BSE cow in your country." Never mind that it came from Canada. The Mexicans are not stupid. How long do you think this will continue?

Canada's boxed beef exports to Mexico also hit record amounts last year.

Looks like Mexico is learning to export raw product and import finished.

M COOL will fix the MEXICO problem once and for all ,thats the border that needs to be closed PERMANATELY............good luck ps you wont find anybody any where buying meat that has a product of MEXICO stamped on it.

Maybe R-calf should let everybody know it's unsafe too. I bet they won't ell anybody it's already in the Us though!

HAY MAKER said:
M COOL will fix the MEXICO problem once and for all ,thats the border that needs to be closed PERMANATELY............good luck ps you wont find anybody any where buying meat that has a product of MEXICO stamped on it.

HAY MAKER, how readily available is beef with a PRODUCT OF MEXICO stamp on it and where are you finding it?

M-Cool? Just say yes!!!
The US consumer will always prefer US born and raised and packaged beef and I think will pay for it. Let the consumer make up his own mind.
And if it ain't from the good old USA don't put a USDA stamp on it.

Alabama said:
The US consumer will always prefer US born and raised and packaged beef and I think will pay for it.

"think" being the key word in this sentence. Go talk to the retailers, whether they sell beef, clothes, shoes, tools, etc. It will be an education for you.

I for one don't want any mexican beef nor do I want any mexican cows on my place. I drive a GMC truck made in the USA and I buy US made every chance I get. And i don't mind paying a little more for it when I can.
Most folks I know don't want that junk form over seas. The exception is a Browning shot gun.

HAY MAKER said:

Response: Hispanics are now they largest minority group in the U.S. Have a great day.

agman said:
HAY MAKER said:

Response: Hispanics are now they largest minority group in the U.S. Have a great day.

Yes they are and you make a good point,but I believe I know a mexican or two ,and given the choice to buy a product of MEXICO,or an AMERICAN one, these mexicans will choose AMERICAN EVERY TIME,they are no where naive as some believe...............good luck

Alabama said:
M-Cool? Just say yes!!!
The US consumer will always prefer US born and raised and packaged beef and I think will pay for it. Let the consumer make up his own mind.
And if it ain't from the good old USA don't put a USDA stamp on it.

Tell me Alabama what qualifies it to be US beef and how do you prove it?

What will happen to the US consumer confidence when/if the US finds another BSE infected cow. After the lies about Canadian beef that R-CALF has been using to keep the border closed. Remember, R-CALF told the US consumer not to eat Canadian beef because it was tainted and unsafe and they could contract a fatal disease. Also remember that the US proved to everyone that they can't find all of the Canadian cattle that were imported so how do the US consumers know they are eating US beef now and not one of the other canadian animals that were imported. Now that it is in the courts and the US Senate just told the US citizens that the science that Canada and the US have based their whole BSE plan on is wrong. Do you think the US consumers will buy US beef after all this? I bet Japan is watching the court and Senate to see just what kind of reaction there will be. If R-CALF wins they sealed your fate, your exports will stay closed and your domestic market will be damaged. PETA and all the anti Beef groups together couldn't have done this much damage to you.

Latest posts