• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MGA - Prostaglandin TAI Heifer Sync Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

High Plains

Reaction score
We are synchronizing heifers with this protocol and I had always been under the assumption that heat detection at morning and night for the first three days is adequate, prior to the timed A.I. on day 3. However, I read in an article while browsing the interwebs that additional heat detection is recommended. I've never heard of that but I'm no old hand at this. I wondered if any experts would insist that the extra heat detection should be standard protocol. Thanks for any help.

The more time you can spend watching for heats the better. If you only check am and pm you may miss those in heat during the day and middle of the night .

Well, the heat checker has some farming to do so it's going to be less heat detection than maybe some. Tailhead paint will be used so maybe that will assist in the process. Thanks.

High Plains said:
Well, the heat checker has some farming to do so it's going to be less heat detection than maybe some. Tailhead paint will be used so maybe that will assist in the process. Thanks.

We do the same... Not farming, but work off the farm. So tailhead paint, try to detect a.m. and p.m. Timed AI with GnRH if no indications of heat.

Works pretty well.

Forget the tail paint, let the water trough run over, the muddy feet are 10 times better, if both hips muddy breed, if one side only she was probably the chaser.

I like your advice cowman52. A stockman's way of looking at things! Thanks for the input, all the way around.

Latest posts