• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mid April 2015

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
IMG_1180_zpsfkirlyoh.jpg

Grandkids having fun
IMG_1184_zpsjlhhueol.jpg

A proud uncle
IMG_1187_zps0vbnb50f.jpg

Yellow-headed blackbirds
IMG_1192_zpsak9s5ypz.jpg

The old man and his youngest granddaughter
IMG_1195_zpscrv6xgye.jpg

Sparky's daughter and the Kosmo Kid's wife
IMG_1197_zpskdhfbwj0.jpg

Father and daughter
IMG_1198_zpse6civ5lc.jpg

Bucket calves
IMG_1209_zpsqlmkufva.jpg

Day care bus on the way
IMG_1211_zpsyug7ltuo.jpg

Peach in the driver's seat
IMG_1123_zpsqukvzvmv.jpg

My sister cutting and gathering net wrap
IMG_1126_zpsbxkinhvz.jpg

The red-headed step-child
IMG_1143_zpsikakncsy.jpg

The baldy is the oldest cow on the place. She is fifteen years old and still going strong.
IMG_1145_zps3hzjv9n0.jpg

Branding outfit ready to roll
IMG_1147_zpsbcuwpazc.jpg

Chicken house in the making in Sparky's shop
IMG_1149_zpsnimu4l5z.jpg

He is explaining things to my sister
IMG_1153_zpsbiswtcge.jpg

It will even have
IMG_1151_zpsecimhlnb.jpg

Shake shingles
IMG_1169_zpsq4viga73.jpg

My oldest grandson

The bucket calves are a result of our rigid culling program. :wink: In fact, the culling program is so rigid that most of the bucket calves also got sold last week.

Soap in my part of the Midwest, those calves were worth over $500 a head this spring. In another year or so two have a granddaughter that can take over on raising those calves! That wonderful crew of yours is really blossoming this spring!

Soapweed and family, it is great to have the photo's again! You must all be having such a great time with those 'grands'.

We just celebrated the third birthday of our first great grand girl and her baby sister was six months old on that day, so have started celebrating 'half birthdays', too. I think the baby didn't care nearly as much about that as I did.

Those little ones are pretty blessed, too, having so many parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles in their lives on a daily basis. Your ranch looks to have a pretty bright future with all that 'help in training', not to mention bright and active minds to help with management far into the future.

The fact that we (generation 3 on this ranch) will turn 75 and 79 in July has such transitions far into the future on our minds lately, maybe due to the high number of funerals of friends this winter. We are truly blessed to have our fourth and fifth generations (two sons, each with a son) as our main ranch crew, and especially by the fact that our grandsons have wonderful wives who love helping with most any ranch job whenever they have the time. AND, best of all for me is that they are doing most of the cooking when we have a bigger crew or need for all our own to eat together, whether moving cattle or working away from home when they need a meal at a location with no kitchen. And sometimes I get to either babysit one or both little girls. Their grandma is now 'home' full time after several years of being a 911 dispatcher in Pierre, and she likes to watch them, too, so I have to share!

mrj

Latest posts