• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mid September photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
LakeoftheWilson.jpg

Wilson Lake
Keepfindingafewbales.jpg

We keep finding a few bales
NewkidontheSpearheadblock.jpg

New kid on the block
MightyhuntersWadeWillandRingo.jpg

Mighty hunters--Will, Wade and Ringo
Bobwiremoon.jpg

"Bob wire" moon
Endoftheday.jpg

End of the day

Thanks for the serene update. I"ll bet that will be one of your healthiest calves this year. My computer didn't fully load the hunting picture, what vintage year of Ford is that? I'm guessing '77 thru '79; but could be older.
Oh how I long for the good old days.....

It's a '77 Ford F250. I traded for it back in '89, and recently swapped it off to my son, Will. He has repainted it from faded red to baby blue, and put on a new flat-bed. New tires and a new windshield make me want to trade for it so I can own it again. It has a 300 6-cylinder engine that doesn't have an awful lot of miles on it. Will does a good job fixing things up, and he specializes in late '70's Ford pickups.

I've owned a '74 F-250 two biter; a '77 F-250 two biter; and a '78 F-250 4x4 that had a weak 351 in it when we bought it. I installed a '73 400 out of and LTD, problem solved. One-ton front axle, Warner T-19 4 speed, 4.11's, homemade flatbed equipped with a 50 gallon tank. Sold it with the rear end out; big mistake!
"Replaced" it with an '86 F-250 Super-Cab 4x4 with a 460; love the pickup, love the ride, but it's not near as tough!
Should have bought what I did, just shouldn't have sold the '78.
My family has owned collectively 11 '70 Fords, wish I still had 'em all.
That 400 will bolt right up to that bell-housing the 300 six is in front of FYI.

You musta been in a serene mood, the pictures ooze serenity. I am hopping in my car to head out there.

My Fords always lasted too. 1966 Mustang and later a Maverick (not as nice a car).

I always loved old Fords.... I still run an 88 F 250. on the 3rd engine, and gonna need to do something about the 4x4 soon, but I just hate to get rid of her. even with $3 gas, that old 351 is still better than driving a Chevy.

I gotta comment on those '73 to "79 Ford trucks. I think they were among the best pickups ever built!!.
My Dad bought one new in "75. 2WD, Ranger package, 390cid, 4 bbl carb,auto trans, $5800.00!!!
That truck made many miles pulling an overloaded trailer full of fats to town, survived 3 teenage boys(myself included), as well as everything else a pickup is expected to do.
I got my driver's license in '78......a friend of mine had a Camaro(350) and I could "take him" off the line up to about 80 mph with that truck!!!
Dad still drives that truck,once in a while(he has a new Dodge). I put a new timing chain and gears in it for him a couple years ago, but as far as I know, that is the only time that engine has been touched!!
My 1 ton , that I use nearly every day, is a "76 Ford(390 4 speed).Love it!!
My oldest son recently got his driver's licence ,so I gave him my '78 Ford Ranger XLT (which had been parked since I got my Dodge in '96).We did some "stuff" to that engine but it will easily outrun my Dodge and burns less gas!!
I've had several other Ford trucks, from those years ,as well and they were GREAT!!! No computer crap on them so a person could actually work on them when they needed it(which ain't that often).
Did I make my point!!! '73 to '79 Ford trucks RULE!!! :lol: :lol:

We had a 1970 Ford F250 4x4; then a 1972 F250 4x4 and a 1973 F250 2WD, auto; then a 1979 F250 4x4; then a 1989 F250 4x4. They were all good pickups, but my favorite was the 1979. It had POWER STEERING. That was a big deal at the time. The others all had ARMSTRONG steering and 2-60 air conditioning (both windows open going 60 mph). The 1979 was so much easier to STEER than the others~and it wasn't quite as high off the ground. It had a 400 engine and the others had the 360, which wasn't much of an engine, we never did think. My husband always likes low gears in pickups, so these were all 410 gears (he had 456 gears put in some of our pickups and had them put in the 1973. Helped the gas mileage with the lower gears, too!)

My dad has a 1989 Ford pickup that we are going to sell. It is kinda sharp looking and has 456 gears with a 460 engine. It is only a 2WD, though. He always was a Ford man, but he got a bad Ford Ranger once and Ford couldn't fix it. He was in the parade and it quit on him~right in the middle of the parade. He got out, kicked the tires and said, "Ford made it, but they can't fix it." Then he turned and walked away. He left it there til the Ford garage came and towed it away. :roll:

He tried something else after that, but only for a short time, then he went back to Fords again. Guess he was a Ford man to the end, because that's what is sitting in his garage.

TimH said:
I gotta comment on those '73 to "79 Ford trucks. I think they were among the best pickups ever built!!.
My Dad bought one new in "75. 2WD, Ranger package, 390cid, 4 bbl carb,auto trans, $5800.00!!!
That truck made many miles pulling an overloaded trailer full of fats to town, survived 3 teenage boys(myself included), as well as everything else a pickup is expected to do.
I got my driver's license in '78......a friend of mine had a Camaro(350) and I could "take him" off the line up to about 80 mph with that truck!!!
Dad still drives that truck,once in a while(he has a new Dodge). I put a new timing chain and gears in it for him a couple years ago, but as far as I know, that is the only time that engine has been touched!!
My 1 ton , that I use nearly every day, is a "76 Ford(390 4 speed).Love it!!
My oldest son recently got his driver's licence ,so I gave him my '78 Ford Ranger XLT (which had been parked since I got my Dodge in '96).We did some "stuff" to that engine but it will easily outrun my Dodge and burns less gas!!
I've had several other Ford trucks, from those years ,as well and they were GREAT!!! No computer crap on them so a person could actually work on them when they needed it(which ain't that often).
Did I make my point!!! '73 to '79 Ford trucks RULE!!! :lol: :lol:
Tim - Does the quote by Herman Goering at the bottom of your post reflect on your comments about your Ford pick-ups?? Just wondering! :wink: I had a '73 Mach I - 351 4bbl - BRIGHT YELLOW bomb that I was told recently would be worth about $80,000 or more! :shock: :???: Oh, well - - easy come :eek: :eek: easy go :mad: :cry2:

DOC HARRIS

Soapweed said:
It's a '77 Ford F250. I traded for it back in '89, and recently swapped it off to my son, Will. He has repainted it from faded red to baby blue, and put on a new flat-bed. New tires and a new windshield make me want to trade for it so I can own it again. It has a 300 6-cylinder engine that doesn't have an awful lot of miles on it. Will does a good job fixing things up, and he specializes in late '70's Ford pickups.
Soap, maybe you can trade it from him for your Hemi, or maybe I'll trade him for mine (tempting). Hills are getting dry and hard to get around in so I've been running around 'em in a '93 Ford F150 with the big 6. Rides easy, has low end torque, and goes just about anywhere without the digging in and bouncing. Misses is using the Hemi for taking the kid to school, and I just can't bring myself to tear up a heavy-in-the-front Diesel in the rough hills.

Latest posts