• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Migration on the ranch...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
The lake on the ranch is called Hudson after the founder of the ranch...it is a haven for waterfowl of all kinds...here's what's been hanging out for the last couple of days...Sign of Spring maybe????

C7Cranes_edited-1.jpg

C8Cranes_edited-1.jpg

C14Pheasant_edited-1.jpg

Ok..so he's not into the water scene...lol

C15Waterfowl_edited-1.jpg

C16Waterfowl_edited-1.jpg

C18Heron_edited-1.jpg

C19SnowGeese_edited-1.jpg

C20Seagull_edited-1.jpg

Someone needs to explain to this seagull that in Nebraska we still have ICE...lol

Nice pictures but BOOOO Pelicans. :mad:

Nothing spooks a horse like some Pelicans swooping down low from behind. Had quite a ride on a colt one time. Even the older horses don't like them. :twisted:

I heard cranes going over on Friday- and have spotted a couple of flocks of crows, so think spring is about sprung...Sure wish it would bring some spring showers tho...3-4 inches of rain right now wouldn't hurt my feelings at all....

We've got killdeers, blackbirds, crows, a few swans and geese, and still lots of snow.

OT, up here we say "April showers bring the Scours" :( :roll:

gcreekrch said:
We've got killdeers, blackbirds, crows, a few swans and geese, and still lots of snow.

OT, up here we say "April showers bring the Scours" :( :roll:

Well if we don't get some rain soon we'll be worrying about dust pneumonia :( Yesterday I took the 4 wheeler for a little tour around the prairie- and last night when I took my pants off, my legs were black from all the dust that had blown up the pants legs :shock: Grandma wouldn't even let me close to her bed until I'd soaked good in the shower...

Faster horses said:
Since I have lived in SE Montana, the odd numbered years are the 'good' years and the even years are the really dry ones. Every even numbered year I hope it is different.

It's true. I heard it and I've kept track...

That certainly better not be true here :shock: or we're in big trouble!

Great pictures Jassy!!!!

Those cranes make me think of when some whooping cranes landed close by our place. Ty and Megan were quite young and I took them to see them. Right away Ty said 'Shoot One Dad'. I told him they were endangered and very rare. His reply 'Shoot one we might not get another chance'.

Nice pics Jassy! Probably isn't that brown down your way right now though? From the looks of the weather map, looks like white is the color for today....

Latest posts