• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mike are you Ok

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
I hear this morning of damage from a tornado on Mitchel Young road. Just checking on you.

I heard that too, but it must've been a few miles from here.

We had no wind this morn and the rain was falling straight down.

We got 3.58" of rain on Sat and Sun. Prolly 1/2" this morning.

The yards are a mess here that have pecan trees.........small limbs laying eveywhere....................

As of this morning I had 6.5 inches and it looks like I may have several more inches today.
I have noticed that the water is still not standing in the low places as much as it should be with this much rain. Very little runoff so far. It was just so dry the ground is sucking it up.
Some more rain next week would be nice too.

We're sneaking up on close to 7 inches right now.

I'm at Mom's having to use her ' puter til mine gets set up and she's got a metal roof. I'm in the loft/office and it's raining so hard it makes your ears ring. :shock: :shock:

Creek got up....took out a few trees on the bank.....tore out a chunk of the farm road also.

But, let'er rain!!!! :lol: :lol:

If Gustav stays on track....all us Southern folk may get another dousin' real soon.

Send some north- I just got off the phone with a neighbor that called to see if I could help him gather and haul his heifers to another pasture because the water holes in the one he's got them in is going dry...

All we seem to get is WIND-- Yesterday it was 105 and WIND-- today its cooler- but still WIND-- blowing over 50 mph today...

I was up to 10.5 inches sincs Friday and it's still raining today. It has added only a small amount to all the dried up ponds though. Three years of drought can't be made up in a few days. It sure has been nice though.

Latest posts