• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Military Veteran Rancher

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher79

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just found this place. I am Army retired 21 years and work on a ranch currently. I retired in 2018. I have raised my own hogs, goats and chickens and part of the Farmer Veteran Coalition. I have my own land but currently work for a different ranch until I figure it out. I have through several feeds sounds interesting. Currently in NC. Gods country.

Greg

Hello all,

Just found this place. I am Army retired 21 years and work on a ranch currently. I retired in 2018. I have raised my own hogs, goats and chickens and part of the Farmer Veteran Coalition. I have my own land but currently work for a different ranch until I figure it out. I have through several feeds sounds interesting. Currently in NC. Gods country.

Greg
I'm new here too, we live on 77 acres in Bear Creek NC. Just starting out ourselves.

Hello all,

Greg
What do you have going on in your own property thus far. I'm also in NC, bought clear cut land 2 years ago. Have cleared 15 Ish acres thus far of 77. Plan on throwing goats on it to keep it down and add a few cows and do rotational grazing. We even have a chicken coop I build on an old trailer that I can tow around and let the chickens scratch through the cow patties. Mainly just trying to build pastures from clear cut, huge job i feel kind of crazy for doing it, but i love it. It will increase the value of the land and will be a good heritage for my kids someday Lord willing.
Cheers!

Hello all,

Greg
@rancher79,

The NRCS (Natural Resource Conservation Service) is a good place to start. Contact them before you get started.

Latest posts