• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

million dollar pony

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I thought it was perhaps a wind puff.

The picture is awfully big, but he looks very nicely balanced in this picture.
Love his head and neck! A nice neck on a horse balances them out nicely.
IMO. I'll go take a look on facebook.

Thanks for the picture, Chimenea!

I wanted to tell you--Lot 54 in that catalog (wow, really some nice horses there.
I need to take time to look at it further)--anyway she goes back to
Playgun on the topside. I have a friend in Oklahoma who sells Progressive
Nutrition horse feed and Piepers are among her customers. So I went with
her one day and we walked out into the pasture where Playgun resides.
He's so nice, and what a treat to get to see him in the flesh. She says
he produces many very nice horses that are multi-talented. Anyway,
I got to see him with my own eyes~
just thought I'd mention that little known and less-cared-about-fact. :wink:

Chimenea said:
For those of you that (like I do ...) enjoy getting an eyeful of good horseflesh, check out the AQHA World Show Sale Catalog here http://www.saravaessenpedigrees.com/catalogs/2012WSSaleCatalogPF.pdf

Look at lots 54 and 65. They're my pick of what I'd take home with me (and would both probably be bred to the sorrel horse we were talking about :D ).

I don't now horse pedigrees like some of you serious enthusiasts, but that Lot 65 looks like one that could raise some awfully nice colts. That's the kind I'd be after. Fun to look at that link. :wink:

Oh, I'm a big fan of Playgun! And, of all his sons making names for themselves as sires, Real Gun is my favorite. I like that gray mare in the sale a lot. I had a chance to visit with Terry Forst (who bred the mare) on the phone this morning, and she told me the mare was repurchased by the consignor. The bidding got to $6000, but the seller wanted $15,000. Terry told me the sale wasn't particularly good, and certainly not very good for sellers of those types of horses, though a couple did sell fairly well. Case in point, that big red roan mare we were talking about. She sold for $8500. In case you guys are interested, you can take a peek at the full sale results here: http://www.aqha.com/Showing/World-Show/Blog/11122012-AQHA-World-Show-Sale-Results.aspx

I sure do like those Playgun bred horses; they are far and away more my type of horse than the other horses that are currently hot commodities among the high end cutters. Better bone, more size, more speed, and the right attitude. And when crossed the right way, awfully pretty, too. I remember a few years ago, Western Horseman went out and talked to a bunch of different ranchers and breeders to determine their list of top 10 ranch horse sires of all time. Playgun was the only stallion on the list that was still alive at the time (and continues to be a great producer for the Piepers today, actually). Other sires on the list included Joe Hancock, Freckles Playboy, Sun Frost, Blue Valentine, Driftwood, Jackie Bee, Two Eyed Jack, Doc Bar (#2) and Peppy San Badger (#1).

Latest posts