• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mine!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Even with the weather as nasty as what we have had, I still got the biggest whitetail I have ever shot!!!

I actually had to work at this one. I saw a little one in this same spot on Saturday, with 3 doe. Sunday, there was a Muley buck and doe real close to this area. Then on Monday we went driving around. I had no intention of hunting. Just showing the boss where and what I had seen on Saturday. He is pretty anal about the size of bucks we shoot, so when he saw the smaller one that I had missed, he said it wouldn't have cost me $100. (we have a $100 fine for to young) That being said, HE would not have shot him. We set there and watched them for close to an hour. Another buck came over the hill, but guess we scared him off. He was bigger then the original, but still nothing to brag about.
Went driving around a bit and glassed this hill 1 more time. About then this monster popped over the hill and we both said he is a shooter. Problem was he was watching us. I was parked on a hill top with no way to move. Sat there and watched him mount a doe. Got my chance to get closer when they were done, and the Alpha doe took in after the doe that got bred.
Got up to 300 yards away, borrowed the bosses rifle, and BOOM. DEAD DEER!!

Nice deer! What do you think he weighed? I was impressed at the size of the deer up there. All that feed really puts it on them.

I was south of the Nebraska border Sunday night through midday Tuesday and I had all the cold I wanted. I couldn't survive sitting still waiting on a deer to walk by up there.

My poor shorthair wasn't prepared either, I noticed when we got home that her nose and lips were chapped like nothing I've seen before.

He was well over 200 pounds. We used to weigh them all, but I never unloaded him. I'll get the taxidermist to age him, but I am guessing he is only 4 1/2.
We will have at least 1 of his babies next year :wink:

Latest posts