• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mines Calf Fowowing Me - Youngest Son & Calf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aztumbleweed

Reaction score
QuirtCalf20051012a.jpg

"Mines Calf Fowowing Me!"
Youngest Son's new friend. This 3-day old calf was following our son from the day it was born. Our son claimed it as "mines calf" right then. We didn't realize this would be more literal than we expected. The heifer calf belong to a first calf heifer brought in off the desert. After seeing it for the 3rd day, we pulled the calf because the heifer wasn't producing enough milk for this little heifer.
QuirtCalf20051012b.jpg

The calf is now being bottled and looking much better. Our son insists on carrying the bottle out to help feed the calf. My son with my wife due to "calf" herself in 3 months.
QuirtCalf20051013.jpg

Love it--- Nothing better than a little kid and an orphan--From the expressions on his face he is "big stuff" taking care of "mines calf".... :D :D

Gabeandcalf.jpg

You reminded me of a picture I had of my grandson with an abandoned twin- I brought the calf in to warm up and Gabe immediately had to check him out....
Nothing cuter than a calf and a kid.....Thats what living on a ranch is supposed to be about :D

Too cute, both kids and calves :) Where abouts in Az are you? My folks lived in Hereford (how appropriate :p ) for 9 years til mom died.

This would make a good topic for FH's photo contest some week-- But Aztumbleweeds son with the look on his face and that pathetic looking calf following would win it hands down....

We have finished our bug works and I didn't have my wife take the camera out with us we ussually let the 9 year old girl wretle a few. Itry to let the kids do what they want that they enjoy. ( I have a 21 year old son that taught me that lesson I dont work them as hard as I used to) Your girls look like they are having fun Lilly And I bet if we could see the look on your Grandsons face it would be pure joy Oldtimer we picked that little girl up in the pickup and he beamed all the way home. Sometimes it takes them little ones to remind me of all the magic going on around me. Faster Horses Thank you for the compliments You made my wife blush I tell her she is beautifull but she always thinks I'm prejudiced. And I know my boys are handsome they look like their father. Nicky I was raised about 70 miles east of Hereford and right now am about 30 miles north of tucson. :D

Also somethin else about yer wife....you tell her....I said....6mo pregnant and still in WRANGLERS!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

I wore mine till I was about 6 mo pregnant also.....and then couldnt wait to get home from the hospital and git back in em.

My friend just switched to her "then" hubby's Wranglers and could wear then safteypinned until she had her baby

Nice pictures everyone. Our oldest son is nuts about bottle calves. In no time at all he has them just like a dog... He has one now we call freckles. Being a hiefier we will prolly keep for a cow for him....
One year I caught him and the calf in the house both mixing powdered milk.

This is Aztumbleweed's wife. No I'm not in my wranglers. I did that last time tying my pants wide gap with hay string and when that didn't work anymore had to get some maternity slacks. It is quit annoying trying to find "normal" looking clothes maternity style. This time I found these denim maternity pants. So I've been out of my wranglers since I was 4 months pregnant. For all those looking for normal looking pants during pregnancy that are comfortable this is the information in the tag.

They are Motherhood Maternity 97478-46 102769 if that helps anyone else out there wanting to feel "normal". If anyone knows where to find nice western type shirts for maternity, I'd love to hear from them. Otherwise, I have ideas for taking normal patterns and turning into maternity.

Now back to Aztumbleweed.
:D

Second go round I didn't stay in my wranglers as long as I was able to the first time. So, Like you said, hard to find normal lookin maternity clothes, so i got out bout 3 of my oldest pairs of wranglers, cut out the front end, and sewed in the maternity stretchy stuff that you can buy for makin your own maternity clothes. Worked great!!!

That is sooo cute! Reminded me of when my kids were much younger and one special orphan they raised. I just happened to come out of the house and when I saw what was going on, I ran back, grabbed my camera and got a few snaps with my old 35 MM. These are scans and not as clear as I would like.
The calf was named "Shortstop" and the dog is "Higgins" The boy on the bike was the calfs "mom"

Several months later the calf was 345 pounds and he was sold at auction for the purpose of donating the proceeds to Stars. For those that don't know it is Shock Trauma Air Rescue, a helicopter service provided for by donations.

The calf was resold and redonated 14 times as the spirit of the people could not resist the young boy holding the clinging calf in the ring. That little calf raised almost $5000, and ended up going to a petting zoo. It was a happy ending for all.

shortstop.jpg
[/img]

what absolutely wonderful pix of the kids and calves!!! I agree that this would be a wonderful topic for the pix of the week!! EVERYONE loves pix of kids and animals!! :D :D :D

Those pictures are really sweet.

How on earth does one give up a "pet" like that though when he gets big? Must be very hard on everyone.

Latest posts