• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mizzou player a little light in his loafers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
The boys at A&M like to grab the other team's scrots and now a Mizzou player comes out and admits it? What's the deal with the SEC and the "boys"? Kind of making me leery....

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/10/michael-sam-star-missouri-defensive-end-comes-out-as-gay/?intcmp=latestnews..

My take on this is he's looking for a payday....either by being drafted by and signing a contract with an NFL team....or.....by not being drafted or offered a contract after the news broke, he can sue the NFL for discriminating against his sexual orientation.

Won't these knotheads ever learn to just keep their damn mouths shut? They'll have a more harmonious outcome.

It does tickle me that the news in college sports this week is focused on individuals in the SEC & Big XII conferences.

I don't believe that his teammates and coaches knew all year and it didn't get out. Something here doesn't make sense.

Sandhusker said:
The boys at A&M like to grab the other team's scrots and now a Mizzou player comes out and admits it? What's the deal with the SEC and the "boys"? Kind of making me leery....

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/10/michael-sam-star-missouri-defensive-end-comes-out-as-gay/?intcmp=latestnews..

Think the big "N" still holds the title for producing the most dirty players.

TexasBred said:
Sandhusker said:

Think the big "N" still holds the title for producing the most dirty players.

That along with an extremely unliked coach will get you no where:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/90398/an-ugly-final-act-for-bo-at-nebraska

I see this morning that the kicker from nebraska from 03-06 was gay and his coaches and teammates knew about it. Maybe NU just paved the way for this other kid from mizzou. Lmao.

3 M L & C said:
I see this morning that the kicker from nebraska from 03-06 was gay and his coaches and teammates knew about it. Maybe NU just paved the way for this other kid from mizzou. Lmao.

Sandhusker will be crying:
Erick Lueshen was a kicker on the University of Nebraska football team from 2004-2005, and according to an interview he did on 93.7 The Ticket, he was openly gay the entire time he was on the team. His interview was illuminating, and it sounds like his experience as an openly gay college athlete was very similar to Michael Sam's.

Too bad nobody has ever heard of him before. He was a Callahan deal. Like OT, he's probably remembering things that never happened.

loomixguy said:
Too bad nobody has ever heard of him before. He was a Callahan deal. Like OT, he's probably remembering things that never happened.

Don't get your panties in a wad. :lol: I was just teasing. With a hundred or more kids on every football team the law of averages suggest that probly every team has at least one gay player.

3 M L & C said:
loomixguy said:

Don't get your panties in a wad. :lol: I was just teasing. With a hundred or more kids on every football team the law of averages suggest that probly every team has at least one gay player.

I guess one could wonder if it's better to have one gay player than all of the thugs that have played there?

I don't think Nebraska has a corner on the player/thug market. We have too many Academic All Americans and too high of a graduation percentage to be Thug Central. My guess is the SEC has a thug or three in the woodpile. :wink:

loomixguy said:
I don't think Nebraska has a corner on the player/thug market. We have too many Academic All Americans and too high of a graduation percentage to be Thug Central. My guess is the SEC has a thug or three in the woodpile. :wink:

You might tell that to the sports writers:
Rout turns Cornhuskers into bullies
From The Patriot-News, 2002
By David Jones

If Nebraska football wanted to reinforce its reputation as Thug World on Saturday night before national television cameras, it succeeded.

When the score reached 26-7, then a shocking 33-7 in favor of Penn State, the Cornhuskers began taking cheap shots, led by redshirt freshman offensive tackle Richie Incognito.

Incognito, who spat on an Arizona State player in Nebraska's 48-10 win three weeks ago, was thrown out of the game after baiting Jeremiah Davis into a fight he apparently thought officials wouldn't notice. That was because Richard Gardner was streaking down the sideline with his game-breaking interception for a TD.

Later, when Larry Johnson scored to make it 40-7 on a sweep, he was whipped down 5 yards into the end zone by a frustrated Cornhusker.

Moreover, it was remarkable how quickly the bullies from Lincoln appeared to quit on the game, as bullies usually do when faced with a decision no longer in reasonable doubt.

After Michael Robinson's TD on an 8-yard reverse capped an 18-play drive to open the second half and made the score 19-7, the end came in swift order.

Gardner's pick came five plays later followed by a Nebraska three-and-out and a bad punt. Then the Lions, who hadn't been able to run between the tackles all night, began ripping great chunks through the Husker defense. Johnson went for 35, then Robinson went 10 and 10 more for the clinching score.

"I never sensed any giving up from the offense," said center John Garrison, implying something else about the defense. "I think the offense played as hard as we could and things just didn't go our way."

As for linemate Incognito, Garrison said, "I'm not exactly sure what happened. Obvioiusly, there was some sort of altercation that led him to take the action he did.

"It's a learning process. But you don't want to learn the hard way like he did." Coaching decisions

Nebraska defensive coordinator Craig Bohl admitted that Penn State's pass-run ratio on early possessions caught his unit off guard. Which makes very little sense considering that Penn State's offensive line found it near impossble to knock anyone off the ball on running plays last season.

"We thought coming into the game they would be pretty balanced, 50-50 run and pass on first down," said Bohl. "Then in the first portion of the game on first down, they were more like 80-20 toward the pass.

"Those guys made some great catches. That allowed them to move the ball. That did open up their offense and it took us by surprise a little bit."

But it seems Penn State's increasing confidence with the new diverse offensive scheme had as much to do with Bohl's boys' failure as anything. Remember when no one could catch a pass this time just a year ago? Hard to believe now.

Bryant Johnson is quickly turning into an All-Big Ten first-team receiver and is Mills' obvious favorite target.

But the brilliant and creative deployment of back-up quarterback Robinson will give Mills another major weapon. He has good hands, can run the option, throw and deliver a hit with his 231 pounds, as Nebraska cornerback Pat Ricketts discovered when flattened on a late-third-quarter run to the NU 10.

Give Fran Ganter and Joe Paterno a lot of credit for finding a way to get redshirt freshman Robinson in the game one way or another, not to mention recognizing the way freshmen think these days.

With no apparent shot at the QB job for three more years barring an injury to Mills, it was important that the staff get Robinson involved or risk losing him to transfer. No kid that talented wants his time limited to mop-up duty until his senior year. And the days of QBs patiently waiting their turn to play until junior or senior seasons may be over.

Bohl was impressed with both quarterbacks:

"Using number 12 at a couple of different positions out there, that got us out of balance. Because we were concerned about the halfback pass and things of that nature.

"Mills was in a rhythm and we had a hard time getting him out of rhythm. In the first half, he did a nice job of moving the ball around and throwing to a lot of different receivers. That's difficult to defend.

"Then he started moving around a little and some of our guys didn't know whether he was going to scramble or run. We'd talked a lot about his ability to run, so they were looking for it." Quick pops

* Nebraska I-back Dahrran Diedrick was asked to compare Penn State's 40-7 domination to the 62-36 whipping administered by Colorado last November and the 37-14 loss to Miami in the Rose Bowl:

"I feels pretty much the same. We got killed in all three.

"It really doesn't hurt my confidence. It hurts my manhood. Especially when you know you just went out and got killed."

* Diedrick's backup Cory Ross, who played considerble time in the second half:

"Penn State came out and was really impressive. They won and they should have won."

* Middle linebacker Barrett Ruud on PSU's finesse game:

"It was really a surprise to see a power running team like Penn State come out and throw the ball as much as they did."

Power running team? Did Bohl tell these guys anything about a team that finished 10th in the Big Ten in rushing in 2001?

loomixguy said:
12 years ago is the best you got?

As Jiggsy would say...IRRELEVANT.

There's enough to fill several pages from throughout Husker history. You should know them.

Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peter, Darren Delone, Kellen Houston, Johnny Rogers, Alfonzo Dennard, Thunder Collins, Riley Washington, Tyrone Williams, Reggie Baul, Terrell Farley, Cameron Meredith, Andy Christensen, Maurice Purify, Carl Nicks, Richie Incognito................the list is almost endless....................

At Nebraska, a program rocked by off-field scandal the past two years, an Omaha World-Herald
study revealed 13.2 percent of the 129 players on the Cornhuskers' 1995 Orange Bowl roster were arrested for misdemeanor or alcohol-related offenses since entering school. Conversely, only six percent of a random sample of 300 non-football undergraduate male students at the school had been arrested in the same time span for identical offenses.

Jesus, Mike....Johnny Rodgers? From what....70 or 71? Over 40 years ago? That's timely. I know TO caught a lot of crap about Lawrence Phillips.....but there is not a coach out there who wouldn't have played him in that bowl game....not one. Lawrence was probably the greatest natural athlete who ever wore a Husker uniform.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, but when you have to go back 5 decades and in most cases 3 decades......to quote Jiggsy..."IRRELEVANT".

With your logic, I could make the case for Oklahoma being thug central when a bunch of football players were cited for firing automatic weapons in their dorm.....but that's when Switzer was HC and its been a long, long time ago.

I'm sorry. You constantly want to use ancient history when jawing with Jigs about the Husker wins over KSU but can't accept the negatives that go along with them in the same time frame? :lol: :lol:

I can accept the good with the bad, and made peace with it a long time ago....the Husker Haters choose to remember ONLY the bad, and want to hear no part of the good.

Since all I hear is how anything the Huskers have accomplished is now irrelevant, it seems only fair that the actions of a few misguided individuals should also be irrelevant. Apparently not. All other Division 1 programs and athletes are and have been pure as the driven snow....my aching backside. Remember the story about the pot and the kettle?

I'm not trying to rewrite history....or forget it....or flip flop on it.....

But, you know something....I have never watched a college (or pro) football game in my life where the cops went out onto the field and arrested a player...and there's always plenty.of cops at these games.

as dirty as NU is, they are not the worst .... I recall a man saying once that for every national title OU has, they have 7 years of NCAA probation to go along with it....
true or not, I do not know...but knowing Barry Switzer, I would lean to the true side....

Latest posts