• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mom’s hunt

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
My amazing Mother will Be turning 76 in a few weeks. She drew a buck deer permit for our mountain and she sure was excited all summer for fall to arrive for her hunt. She hasn't slowed down very much but long hikes in steep country do take a toll. I had the privilege to be able to help her. My wife and kids and Dad were all there too. We spent opening morning in a favorite canyon but we didn't find a good buck. Opening evening we tried another canyon and found a great heavy four point but he was up in the nosebleed country and surrounded by shale slides. Mom said she'd try him if it wasn't so late in the day. So we went back to our cow camp and made plans for day two. Decided to go back where we had been opening morning and man am I glad we did. My wife found the buck as we were headed up the canyon on wheelers. Mom got all spun up with adrenaline but managed to control it and her buck was down!!!! What a lady hunter!!!! It's a priceless memory and one my kids and my wife and I will never forget. GO MOM!!!!!!!
72C05A9E-7270-4E33-A88B-BDFFC6A96002.jpeg
1AAB0F91-D3EF-4559-9871-6B52D0EFBA5A.jpeg

My amazing Mother will Be turning 76 in a few weeks. She drew a buck deer permit for our mountain and she sure was excited all summer for fall to arrive for her hunt. She hasn't slowed down very much but long hikes in steep country do take a toll. I had the privilege to be able to help her. My wife and kids and Dad were all there too. We spent opening morning in a favorite canyon but we didn't find a good buck. Opening evening we tried another canyon and found a great heavy four point but he was up in the nosebleed country and surrounded by shale slides. Mom said she'd try him if it wasn't so late in the day. So we went back to our cow camp and made plans for day two. Decided to go back where we had been opening morning and man am I glad we did. My wife found the buck as we were headed up the canyon on wheelers. Mom got all spun up with adrenaline but managed to control it and her buck was down!!!! What a lady hunter!!!! It's a priceless memory and one my kids and my wife and I will never forget. GO MOM!!!!!!!View attachment 205View attachment 206
OH WOW! JUST WOW! I haven't seen a buck like that for a LONG TIME! Tell your mom CONGRATULATIONS FROM ME!!

Big country will raise the big muley bucks, did you get him aged? I'll guess 3 1/2. Nice buck, nice hunting story.

Latest posts