• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MOMS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Subject: Fw: Why God Made Moms
>
>
>
>
> Even Dads will find this funny.....REALLY
>
>
>
> Why God made moms: answers given by elementary school age children to
> the following questions... Be sure to read the story at the end.....
>
> Why did God make mothers?
> 1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
> 2. Mostly to clean the house.
> 3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
>
> How did God make mothers?
> 1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
> 2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
> 3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger
> parts.
>
> What ingredients are mothers made of?
> 1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice
> in the world and one dab of mean.
> 2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use
> string, I think.
>
> Why did God give you your mother and not some other Mom?
> 1. We're related.
> 2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
>
> What kind of little girl was your Mom?
> 1. My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
> 2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty
> bossy.
> 3. They say she used to be nice.
>
> What did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
> 1. His last name.
> 2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get
> drunk on beer?
> 3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES
> to chores?
>
> Why did your Mom marry your dad?
> 1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
> 2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
> 3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
>
> Who's the boss at your house?
> 1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a
> goofball.
> 2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
> 3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
>
> What's the difference between moms and dads?
> 1. Moms work at work & work at home, & dads just go to w ork at work.
> 2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
> 3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause
> that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
> Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
>
> What does your Mom do in her spare time?
> 1. Mothers don't do spare time.
> 2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
>
> What would it take to make your Mom perfect?
> 1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of
> plastic surgery.
> 2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
>
> If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
> 1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get
> rid of that.
> 2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who
> did it and not me.
> 3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on her back.
>
> THE MOMMY TEST
> I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something
> off the ground a nd started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away
> from her and I asked her not to do that.
> "Why?" my daughter asked.
> "Because it's been laying outside, you don't know where it's been,it's
> dirty and probably has germs" I replied.
> At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked,
> "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?"
>
> "Uh," ..I was thinking quickly, "All moms know this stuff. It's on the
> Mommy
> Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."
>
> We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently
> pondering this new information.
>
> "OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be
> the daddy."
>
> "Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.
>
> When you're finished laughing, send this to a Mom.
>
> Too cute!
> "Dear Lord," the preacher began with arms extended and a rapturous
> look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..."
> He would have continued, but at that moment one very obedient little
> girl (who was listening carefully) leaned over to her mother and asked
> quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?"
> Church was pretty much over at that point...
>
>
>

WooooHooooo, thanks for making my day, haymaker!!!! After my work week, I most certainly needed this!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the Moms........

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!
Author Unknown

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

You hear all the time about how the 3am feedings get so old......well not for me, I always loved that time, somethin so special about it, ya can't describe it, it just IS. And when they no longer wake up for that feeding, I'd sometimes still get up, and just hold the baby and rock.

I agree Lilly nothing like rocking your babies,another thing alot of moms groaned about , children being home for summer and Christmas holidays,I LOVED getting that extra time with them.Rocking your granchild is EXTRA special!!

Our daughter was extremely clingy,when she was nine we thought sending her to our churches four day camp would help ease this.Day one she stayed over night ,day two she phoned crying for us to pick her up.Her daddy got in truck and went and got her! We never made her go to camp again,when she was ready SHE chose to go to 4-h camps and throughout high school she was camp counceller.Today shes a very independent young lady!!Camps have there place,but only if children are ready for then and certainly NOT all summer long!

Right you are Reader but a different version to that is,Greg has two brothers that had children the same time we did,both sets of parents worked.So alot of these childrens whole summers were spent at farm with grandparents,Greg and I lived across the road from his parents so we had these children at our place ALOT.....Our two children and thier 4 cousins are all the very best of friends,sad though in a way is when they talk about thier summer holidays the memories are with us and thier grandparents but not of spending time with thier own parents.

V_Key went to 4H Camp every year from 10 to 18 and loved it - - by 19 she had been across the US eight ( 8 ) 8) times with 4H or FFA (I could never afford that) THANKS 4H/FFA - She came home from Washington DC with a "Fire Inside" that may have given her Life Direction and has for 4 years now :!:

Her Best Friend and second family is a Dairy "4Her" from Maryland - - the girl is now in College studing to be an Ag Teacher - - V¬ has been there one (1) time with 4H and two (2) times on her own - (with her own savings money) - - All these trips have a return side where the girls come here!

One 4H Exchange Family in Co. moved and she lost contact. This girls Uncle had bunked week-end with me when he was at Fort Ord in the 60's - after they figured that out 'her money was no good'.Hi and Thanks Tim

The 4H girl in Florida is a USMC 'DI' in San Deigo
A very very pretty "City Style 4Her" that really needed "Ranch Style Sex Ed." - - 16 that looked like 25 and in THAT 2 piece (WOW) she had all the young Bull jump through Hoops here - - She and I could talk and eMailed many times - man the DUMB Questions - everything had to do with her FRIEND but I knew!

USMC DI (??) I read between the line - my help may have been to late.

These girls get together on "My Space.Com" and the Florida girl just joined IN so I'll hear more through V¬

That is the thing with 4-H or any other youth oriented group is the friendships it forms,even with hockey our son made lifelong friendships with boys from rival teams.ANYTHING that enriches childrens lives is a good thing as long as family is first,and involved.

When you get like me and are "alone" in our transitory, couples-oriented, non-extended family oriented society, you realize how much we have lost.
Yes we have gotten away from that. I see it with only my father left which I would rather not speak to but that is another thing.
I will have to say that a dear friend of mine her family adopted me into thier family. This past summer her mother watched my daughter for a few days while my friend was at a funeral out of state. My daughter still refers to them as mema & popie. They are looking forward to me moving there and I know will welcome my children as thier grandkids.
We need to slow down and see what really matters...people
I have done the city life, political scene, fancy balls but have found the people who have taken me in are wonderful small ranchers. I wouldnt trade them for anything in this world.

reader I am sure there is a family needing a sage to help them and yall will meet. ppsstttttt if they are opposite from you go with it. Love is Love to a conservitive ~democrate~republican~liberal.

AS for the 3 am feedings hmmm guess it was just me but it was the coldest lonelest time around BUT that could have been cuz Morgan had colic SSSOOOOOO BAD. Then as a 2-3 year old had night terrors so middle of the night was NO FUN.
The best time for us was bathtime and right after. Even after they could take thier own bath we would sit on the couch getting ready for bed. Kaitlyn I always had to help brush her long hair. Hmmm still have to help everyonce in awhile.

Well I suppose on this subject, I have to say....the 3 AM feedings were way to short for me, of course the feedings in themselves were mine. I miss my babies just being babies. I get told all the time quit mothering them, they are MEN now. How do you do that?? I love them and they are very independent, and the time will come when even my youngest will have his family and where will I be? I understand Reader how you feel on this. My oldest being married, I have to share him with the other family..it is hard. When I finally finish College and get my life going in that direction, I have really thought more and more on fostering kids.

Now on the camp, my boys went to horsemanship camp that my, second mom runs..they loved every minute. As they got older they did the 4-H leadership camps...I think all in all it was great for them, they learned to socialize with other kids their ages and even older and younger. My oldest today is GREAT with helping younger kids, from the experiences he had growing up. He helps with a group out of Austin, called Sunshine Kids..he loves everything about it, watching the kids when they see the cattle, the horses...and the wildlife on the ranch. So, camps have a place for all. Sometimes, living in the country we dont see what we have....these "Sunshine Kids" are special and my son learned how to be compassionate and enjoy seeing the joy he gives them sharing what he has learned through the years.

Okay I am babbling...I will hush now....

Hope all is having a great Sunday,
"East Texas Gal"

Oh, no, there is where you are wrong. Grandkids are the BEST!!! :p
Don't matter when you get them, you will enjoy them immensely.

I didn't think I was ready to be a gramma either, but when it happened
I bought a sweat shirt that said "Gramma" proudly across the front.
I'm just sorry I only have ONE.

Trust me i didn't want to be grampa yet,but they really are the best.And the wife quit cryin about her babies bein gone when the granson came!

Latest posts