• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Monsanto Corn/herbicide questioned in study

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

French Study Finds Tumors and Organ Damage in Rats Fed Monsanto Corn

Wednesday, 19 September 2012 13:36
By Mike Ludwig, Truthout | Report

Rats fed a lifetime diet of Monsanto's genetically engineered corn or exposed to the company's popular Roundup herbicide developed tumors and suffered severe organ damage, according to a French study released on Wednesday.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/11639-french-study-finds-tumors-and-organ-damage-in-rats-fed-monsanto-corn

I have been concerned ever since I saw Jeff Smith's movie. It depicts intestinal damage and organ failure from foreign protien cry1ab produced in the gut of anything that consumes it. I have been trying to find a way to test for it all summer. None of our USDA research centers have even test for it, much less know how to test for it. They refered me to FDA. FDA did not test for it and told me to call Land Grant colleges where Monsanto supplied funding as well as supervised reasearch. Their longest test lasted 28 days and all I got was that all the cry1ab that was apsorbed into the blood stream was within EPA guidlines. We have had a host of potential problems here including deformed calves and feedlot cattle dying from mushy heart and liver. My grandson was born missing some cnhromosomes and is mentally impaired. My daughter in law has suffered countless miscarriages. So why won't anybody talk to me about testing? I think USDA,FDA, and all Monsanto people need to face a fireing squad. All I want to do is test. This should be a technical issue not a political issue. Why do we have to vote on food saftey. How can one know how to vote with no access to research? Incidently all the effects of GMO corn are concentrated in distiller's grain. And it was only after feeding that we starting having trouble.

I forgot to ask a question. Why is propasition 37 even on the ballot in Cal. if our regulatory agencies were doing their job? Why is our govt. printing up money like mad to pay for a 26 trilion dollar deficit caused by regulatory failure? Why are we paying taxes to fund all this negligence? I may be just a cattle farmer, but I know when I've been screwed.

Is our govt. trying to kill us all off to prevent having to repay the 26 trillion dollar dept?

What good is Cool if the whole world thinks our beef is killing them?

Jeff Smith's movie is being seen around the world. Isn't anybody mad that we don't have the research or the tests to debunk it? Talk about our govt. giving us the shaft!!! One former Monsanto employee feared this protein could evolve into the same prion that causes mad cow disdease. Evidently Monsanto's process to replace chrosomes is not a precise operation and involves bombardment of chromosomes and collateral damage. Yet we are told this is safe?

Latest posts