• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Montana Silversmiths Buckles

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
I bought one in January and the other day when I was wearing it one of the loops on the back of the buckle where it hooks onto your belt broke off. I tried to find a contact number for them to see if there is any warranty or not but cant find a number for them.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
I bought one in January and the other day when I was wearing it one of the loops on the back of the buckle where it hooks onto your belt broke off. I tried to find a contact number for them to see if there is any warranty or not but cant find a number for them.

They are located in Columbus, MT 406 322-4555

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Good luck getting a warranty....greg bought me a pretty bracelet,broke right in half the second time I wore it......no warranty,and the answer to that took MONTHS.

{Although,that didn't stop him from buying thier jewelry or me wanting it,its pretty unique cowboy-gal stuff}

When I was in Texas I wanted to buy some silver jewelry. Interesting that all I could find was MONTANA SILVERSMITH'S jewelry. I sure didn't want to buy Montana jewelry when I was visiting in Texas.

Did ya all know that Mt. Silversmiths Jewelry isn't silver?????????

And they aren't good on warranty...

I didn't know they weren't silver! Hmph. I've got a pretty nice Mt. Silversmith buckle with 'End of the Trail' depicted on it and at least until now was rather proud of it. lol

Silver said:
I didn't know they weren't silver! Hmph. I've got a pretty nice Mt. Silversmith buckle with 'End of the Trail' depicted on it and at least until now was rather proud of it. lol
I think it depends on the age of the stuff. My new stuff isn't silver but I have a pair of "End of the Trail" earrings,and they tarnish quite bad so for sure they're silver but my newer stuff isn't silver just coloured.

The Highschool buckles are 'Gist' and look like they are pretty well made. I see in the Canadian Pro News there are quite a few trophy buckle outfits up here. I wear an old Stockgrower's buckle that is 20+ years old-they last better if you keep them in the shade lol.

I have several old (40+ years) trophy buckles (most Irvine and Jachens) that have all been worn a lot- when not in the trophy case- and even tho the engraving is almost worn off- (especially the colored lettering) they still will take a pretty fair shine if you use some silver polish on them....

I have several of the kids buckles that are Montana Silversmiths- and they never tarnish- shine all the time.....

P1000764.JPG

A friend "Vic Vaqueze" (sp) was a Boiler Maker (in the 50's) that in his Spare Time (Rainy Days) served and Apprenticeship with Diablo Silversmith up stairs over Rowell Saddle Shop in Castro Valley. Ca
I took a Photo of my girl friends (later Wife) mare and foal (1963± _ Vic (who has long past) Made this Buckle from that photo. (No Charge) (Vic had me buy a 2' X 18" Sheet of Sliver that set on my Coffee Table for years _ he used cuttings from that to make ??? for me) (saved me $$$$)

Over the years I have seen Vic and others copy this Buckle but this one has her name and #1 on the back

MONTANA SILVERSMITHS® GUARANTEE.
We stand behind the quality and workmanship of our Silver Products. Product deemed to have a manufacturing defect will be repaired or replaced without question or charge. Guarantee becomes void if merchandise has been damaged by accident or normal wear and tear, neglect, improper service or other causes not arising out of defect in material or workmanship.

2. How do I return an item for repair? Please call 1-800-634-4830 for a Return Authorization Number. Including watches for watch band replacement, items under warranty or items not under warranty. Our Address is: Montana Silversmiths, #1 Sterling Lane, Columbus, MT 59019-0839. Please see complete instructions below on how to return an item. We do not do exchanges. Please contact the dealer that you purchased your item from and ask about their exchange policy.

http://www.montanasilversmiths.com/page-customerservice.aspx

Faster horses said:
When I was in Texas I wanted to buy some silver jewelry. Interesting that all I could find was MONTANA SILVERSMITH'S jewelry. I sure didn't want to buy Montana jewelry when I was visiting in Texas.

Did ya all know that Mt. Silversmiths Jewelry isn't silver?????????

The buckles are a silver plated pewter (tin) casting. Covered with what they call "Montana Armour" which is basically a shellac coating to prevent tarnish.

About $2-$3 worth of materials in one.

A few years ago Mr Lilly bought me a Montana Silversmiths watch. I wore it for 6 mo, and the leather part of the band broke in half. So I took it back to the store that he bought it at, they sent it in, (cuz it says Lifetime warranty)
Well my watch was gone for approximately three weeks. They called and said it was back. I went to pick it up. And they told me I had to pay 30 some dollars for my watch. I said, "Why?".....it's under warranty. They said, "Only the watch...not the band is under warranty. I was perdy hot about that, paid the amount, got my watch back, asked for the other band that was on it. They said, "Oh, we keep that when we replace something. I said, The original watch was paid for by who? Us.......the second band was paid for by who? Us.....so who do you think owns that band? Me right? They said it was just their policy. I said, "Well from now on it's my policy to never buy another piece of Montana Silversmiths. AND it'll be my policy to discourage anyone else from buying any of it.

I have a Montana Silversmiths brand buckle that I bought over 25 years ago that was silver plate. I ordered a sterling silver brand buckle for Dad later that year as it was Mom and Dads 25th wedding anniversary. At the time the Hunt brother had cornered the silver market and it was around $50/oz, paid 5 times more for his buckle over mine.

jodywy said:
I have a Montana Silversmiths brand buckle that I bought over 25 years ago that was silver plate. I ordered a sterling silver brand buckle for Dad later that year as it was Mom and Dads 25th wedding anniversary. At the time the Hunt brother had cornered the silver market and it was around $50/oz, paid 5 times more for his buckle over mine.

There is not enough silver on an electroplated buckle to make much of a price difference.

Silver plating is only microns in thickness.....

Latest posts