• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Montana-YES to drugs, NO to beef.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lol.... yeah Shelly I didnt have a bad day.. just wish this darn wind would go down. I think jarred is at the bottom of the river in cement shoes, the MOB must have gotten him.

Hows the weather out your way? cool here tonite.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring it on South Devon ! Being in Montana your likey a R-calf SoB and you cant see by the truth!

Yes I live in montana, and I am an "R-calf SoB" and i am proud to be one. Just because i am a member of R-CALF does not mean i cannot see the truth, but in this heated battle there are 2 types of truth, ours and yours. I know the people who talk about R-CALF, MCA, etc. and I have known them for a long time. Why would i believe you over them?

Oldtimer said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:
I say close the border to these drugs going south. A little leverage really helps deal with people! But why should we make the US consumer suffer over something that a bunch of scumbags called R-calf are promoting!

That is what the US government is trying to get the Canadian govt. to do--- AARP is reporting that when GW and Martin met in Canada that is the deal they made-- If Canada shuts off all drugs to the US, then the US will take your beef, no questions asked...... "Sound science at work"...

OT. AARP is a another liberal lying get-in-your-face organization. I just had a 90+ year old gentleman tell me they fooled him for 30 years, and he told 'em to stick it! Maybe you have a few years to go before you discover the truth?

Hat: "I'll stay on the fence since i'm new, but what is R-Calf? I'm told that I got $800 per calf this year because of them. They sound like a top notch org."

You were told a lie!

Look no further than the fact that cattle markets continued to rally after 50% of normal Canadian imports were allowed in the form of boxed beef.

That is a cold hard fact unrefuted by R-CULT lies to the contrary.

This market was primarily demand driven. Had we had normalized trade, those cattle markets would have been even higher. We had those markets with 50% of normal Canadian imports and no exports. THAT IS A FACT!!

R-CULT also didn't tell you that our normal trade position, prior to BSE, was a $1.3 Billion dollar trade surplus. Source - U.S. Dept. of Commerce - Bureau of Census.

The R-CALFers get their heads handed to them day after day in true debate because they seldom back their claims.

~SH~

GW and the FDA says Canadian drugs are untested and unsafe- even if we buy them in the same drugstore you do.... Canadians are not to be trusted with their drugs.....

OT, here is a perfect example of a a product that some claim to be unsafe, with COOL and the US citizens are still buying it. Explain again how COOL will work to benefit the US rancher?

Murgen said:
Hat, you were on the fence, but you fell off on one side very quickly, good luck on this site, you've just added yourself to the minority.

Thats because the majority on here are from canada........

Shelly said:
MR, he is an R-calfer. Just curious, did you have a bad day today? You seem a little wound up. Calm down, don't let those R-calf buggers get to you so much. I'd miss reading your posts if something should happen to you like Jared. He kind of disappeared, don't want you to.

Well the way MR post he should have went with Jared they were both the same at that time and it was the spurs from MR that got Jared going.MR is not one bit better than Jared..........................................

Murgen said:
GW and the FDA says Canadian drugs are untested and unsafe- even if we buy them in the same drugstore you do.... Canadians are not to be trusted with their drugs.....

OT, here is a perfect example of a a product that some claim to be unsafe, with COOL and the US citizens are still buying it. Explain again how COOL will work to benefit the US rancher?

Are you aware how much cheaper Canadian drugs are? The majority are at least 1/3 cheaper- many are 1/2 to 2/3 cheaper.... If Canadians can sell their beef for 1/2 price, I agree COOL won't make a difference....

A good sign for Canadians is that US consumers have more confidence in and prefer Canadian drugs over those made in Mexico, Honduras, Caribbean Islands or Asia....All these are available on the internet...

Personally I think GW should be working harder on those internet backroom labs and the illegal drugs coming across the Mexican border rather than the little old lady that gets her mail order of blood presssure and rheumatis prescription from Canada--- but it looks like the big money of the pharmaceutical lobbies talk loudest....

Oldtimer-"If Canadians can sell their beef for 1/2 price, I agree COOL won't make a difference.... "

You baffled me again OT !!!!! Are you saying that PRICE and not a "Born ,raised and slaughtered in USA" label will dictate which product a consumer will buy???? :shock:

Bull Burger said:
Oldtimer said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:
I say close the border to these drugs going south. A little leverage really helps deal with people! But why should we make the US consumer suffer over something that a bunch of scumbags called R-calf are promoting!

That is what the US government is trying to get the Canadian govt. to do--- AARP is reporting that when GW and Martin met in Canada that is the deal they made-- If Canada shuts off all drugs to the US, then the US will take your beef, no questions asked...... "Sound science at work"...

OT. AARP is a another liberal lying get-in-your-face organization. I just had a 90+ year old gentleman tell me they fooled him for 30 years, and he told 'em to stick it! Maybe you have a few years to go before you discover the truth?

BullBurger are you saying that what AARP is reporting- a deal for a wideopen border for beef in exchange for Canada shutting down their drugs didn't happen?..... Fox news reported it first- Are they liberal liars too?

I'm aware of AARP's liberal ties- but they were quite extensive on this investigation... Included interviews with Canadian pharmacists that are resisting their governments actions ... Been trying to find it on the web so I could post it... Which ever way you look at this issue- AARP is not doing GW any good except with some of the ultra conservatives.....

Does make you wonder when a government expends more energy on cutting off cheap prescription drugs to its citizens then it does shutting down the flow of maryjane, coke and meth..... :?

TimH said:
Oldtimer-"If Canadians can sell their beef for 1/2 price, I agree COOL won't make a difference.... "

You baffled me again OT !!!!! Are you saying that PRICE and not a "Born ,raised and slaughtered in USA" label will dictate which product a consumer will buy???? :shock:

Tim- I'm sure price will always play some role- Just depends on the difference--- with the drug issue its just like having two like products lying there- two identical steaks- one priced at $5 a pound, the other priced at $1 per pound....The drug price variance has gotten so big that for some it is either buy the cheaper Canadian drug or go without......

Hat: "..since we are now post BSE, have no export markets opened, and are in a massive trade defecit how would taking Canadian beef help the US cattlemen?"

The number one goal should be to normalize trade and gain back the trade surplus position we enjoyed in recent years so we can add value to the parts of the carcass that we cannot adequately market domestically.

R-CULTers pretend that our current markets are a result of no Canadian live cattle imports. Funny, none of them can explain why cattle prices continued to rally after Canadian boxed beef was allowed back in.

Cattle prices would be higher than they are now with normalized trade. Currently we are importing 50% of normal Canadian imports with no export markets. R-CULT is focused on imports, NCBA is focused on exports.

Our competition is not Canada, our competition is poultry and pork. If Beef prices get too high, consumers switch to poultry and pork making Canadian imports a moot point. R-CULT doesn't understand that.

We do not have a leg to stand on by telling our export markets that our beef is safe when we say that Canadian cattle are unsafe.

Why?

1. We have Canadian cattle within our system today.
2. We are currently importing boxed beef from Canada from cattle under thirty months of age.
3. SRM removal is occuring in both Canada and the U.S. and assures that beef is safe.
4. BSE prions are not detectable in animals under 20 months of age and very few under 30 months of age.
5. Canada and the U.S. feed bans are implemented
6. Canada and the U.S. have increased BSE surveilance.
7. Canada has a traceback system, we don't.

We cannot expect Japan to trust that our beef is safe when R-CULT is saying that Canadian live cattle are unsafe when we have Canadian cattle in our mix and we are imorting Canadian cattle in the form of boxed beef.

Where's the trade leverage in that hypocrisy?

The more you study R-CULT, the more you will realize how conflicting their arguments are.

South Korea said they would not take our beef if we were unwilling to take Canadian live cattle.

Our export markets are not buying into the contradicting R-CULT bullsh*t.

~SH~

Latest posts