• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mooswa

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
IMG_1844.jpg

Ty didn't have a ride to football practice so after he gathered cows for me-I was sorting calves at the auction mart-he went moose hunting. There's a chunk of ground he's always wanted to try so he still hunted it this afternoon while he bull and cow called with his mouth. He called this nice young bull away from a cow with two calves and levelled him at 60 yards with Emily's 6mm. Pretty pumped about getting his first moose. I had to coach hockey but the boys had him gutted and skinned when I got back. Sara said the truck battery died out in the bush-the boys were going to camp out-had a fire going already but she got on top of the truck roof and text messaged the calvary to come to the rescue. Just ate a chunk of fresh tenderloin -pretty tasty stuff.

Great job TY...we've asked ourselves so many times how we ever lived way out in the country without cellphones..??? They sure have saved us several times too...

Good on you NR and especially Ty.I was feeling poorly about turning down the first offer on our steer calves in September but if we had taken it we would have been gathering and shipping instead of hunting.I got to watch my son take his first bull and wouldn't trade it for anything. we even got in a good visit with our good friend Gcreekrch and his wife.We took good care of it and it hung at the butchers for a month to age in a climate controlled room the same as good beef. We just had our first feed off it the other day and although it isn't as moist as beef it isn't gamey and is very tender.I guided moose hunters in West Central B.C. for a few years and learned quickly that care,speedy field dressing,and cleanliness is the biggest secret to edible big game of any sort.

I almost got my moose yest. Went to pass a tractor pulling an auger. Out of the Bush ditch right in front of both of us ran{well sauntered :roll: }Mr. Moose,I stopped fast but what impressed me was how fast that John Deere tractor stopped.... :D

Tell Ty,take a nice moose roast,season it well,wrap bacon all around the roast bake it=YUMMMY.Hanna and I may just come for supper that night..... :wink:

Latest posts