• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Canadian BSE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker said:
My question remains unanswered. If you don't know, just say so.

As do mine. :roll: :roll:

Oh my goodness, it just struck me that you are being serious with your question and you really do want an answer.

I am sooo sorry for not answering your simple question. But first tell me something. Do you promise that the U.S. will follow a better example if I answer your question? :?:

burnt said:
Sandhusker said:
My question remains unanswered. If you don't know, just say so.

As do mine. :roll: :roll:

Oh my goodness, it just struck me that you are being serious with your question and you really do want an answer.

I am sooo sorry for not answering your simple question. But first tell me something. Do you promise that the U.S. will follow a better example if I answer your question? :?:

Look, we all know that there is no way she would of been caught. We all know that there are cows just like the cow in this case that are entering the food chain. It's happening. Those cows are also being sent South.

As far as your questions, I've been a very vocal critique of the USDA, you won't find me defending their policies. I will address your comment about feeding SRMs back to the herd, though; Knowing that our herd is vulernable to spreading BSE in that manner is one reason why many of us feel it is damn foolish to knowingly import positive cattle, and these cases that keep popping up are proving that is exactly what we are doing.

Show us the evidence to support your claims about what is entering our food chain. If and when you can come up with it, just remember that you have done almost nothing in the U.S. to develop credible firewalls against your "(if I may use oldtimer's expression yet once again) "BSE ridden" cattle from entering the American food chain at numerous levels, leading to infection of humans and further infecting your cattle herd.

Therefore, if we actually have some getting through, how many more have you eaten or fed your school kids through the "lunch program" since you have not done very much to contain your "little" problem? Can you say "cover-up"? Talk about diversion . . . :roll: Call it what it is, Sandhusker - protectionism.

And until you turn your attention toward getting the USDA (or FDA or whatever remote specter of federal functionality you have down there) to address your internal problem, you cannot call it anything else. Protectionism, the small-minded man's weapon.

You need evidence to show BSE positives are entering the food chain up there? Why couldn't you answer that simple question? That doesn't tell you anything? Get out of denial and figure it out, it isn't hard.

Sandhusker said:
You need evidence to show BSE positives are entering the food chain up there? Why couldn't you answer that simple question? That doesn't tell you anything? Get out of denial and figure it out, it isn't hard.

Yup, just keep deeking and dodging around the questions Sandhusker, and answering questions with questions.

NB: mining activity for uranium - does not mean full scale mining, only referring to test holes being drilled by exploration guys (usually one man crews, running around looking for that next deposit to make them rich). Uranium mining is supposedly banned in BC, for now. Exploration isn't.

Real busy today, will get you that information tomorrow hillside.

As for chicken ****? This practice was banned years ago also. Consumption of the prion protein not the cause.

No such thing as "spontaneous" either. Everything happens for some reason.

Silver said:
Sandhusker said:

Yup, just keep deeking and dodging around the questions Sandhusker, and answering questions with questions.

That's exactly what I was thinking of you guys. Wasn't my question the first one asked?

Sandhusker, I answered that question for you a while ago. Instead of beating the dead horse some more why don't we argue about what positive ideas we can come up with?

I have stated a few possibles. Your turn.

gcreekrch said:
Sandhusker, I answered that question for you a while ago. Instead of beating the dead horse some more why don't we argue about what positive ideas we can come up with?

How can the problem be fixed if it isn't identified or if it is just denied?

Finding #15 doesn't tell me that Canada is denying that we have a problem.

It's sad that the parties who are making the money on this fiasco are preventing identification of the problems origins.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :)

Sandhusker said:
gcreekrch said:

How can the problem be fixed if it isn't identified or if it is just denied?
OMG...did you just say that.. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :dunce: :dunce:

gcreekrch said:

It's sad that the parties who are making the money on this fiasco are preventing identification of the problems origins.

That's not the denial part that I'm talking about. The denial is that BSE positve animals are entering the food chain, beef from BSE positive animals is being shipped down here, and BSE positive animals themselves are being shipped down here. It's a statistical certainty.

Sandhusker said:
gcreekrch said:

That's not the denial part that I'm talking about. The denial is that BSE positve animals are entering the food chain, beef from BSE positive animals is being shipped down here, and BSE positive animals themselves are being shipped down here. It's a statistical certainty.

And how do WE know that the reverse is not happening?

Or, how do YOU know that you aren't eating BSE beef when you take your family out for supper?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Finger pointing is exactly what the big boys want us to keep doing.

How do you know that the US isn't sending BSE up there? You don't. How do I know that beef from BSE positive domestic animals isn't being served here? I don't. What we've got is an attempted whitewash of the situation by the USDA and CFIA at the behest of the big packers.

gcreekrch said:
BINGO!

Where do WE go from here?

We get rid of BSE. That starts with an HONEST assessment of the situation, even though that may require admitting facts that we don't want to admit to. You then shut off all known avenues of infection and then test, test, test until you can't find any more. Close the doors, isolate it, eliminate it.

Sandhusker said:
gcreekrch said:
BINGO!

We get rid of BSE. That starts with an HONEST assessment of the situation, even though that may require admitting facts that we don't want to admit to. You then shut off all known avenues of infection and then test, test, test until you can't find any more. Close the doors, isolate it, eliminate it.

More simply, protectionism. You might be fooling yourself but that's about it.

Repeat after me, Sandhusker, "PROTECTIONISM".

Now, I am tired of feeding the troll.

Sandhusker said:
gcreekrch said:
BINGO!

We're making progress, who do we look for to support our cause?

burnt said:
Sandhusker said:
gcreekrch said:
BINGO!

More simply, protectionism. You might be fooling yourself but that's about it.

Repeat after me, Sandhusker, "PROTECTIONISM".

Now, I am tired of feeding the troll.

You don't know what the hell protectionism is. It sounds like a big important word, so you're using it to sound big and important. Hint: you don't sound important by using words incorrectly.

gcreekrch said:
Sandhusker said:
gcreekrch said:
BINGO!

We're making progress, who do we look for to support our cause?

US and and our elected officials.

Latest posts