• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More maountain lion stories

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranchero said:
Every year the mt. lions eat 30-50% of my calf crop. This is very common where I live. These numbers might not sound like much, but when you have 400 calves born and tagged and the lions eat 200 it hurts the retirement plan if you know what I mean. Forty seven lions is very easily possible in an over populated area. 20 years ago they didn't have the problems with the lions like today, but today thier numbers have increased so much. DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE LIONS And THEIR NUMBERS. You won't see them in the day, they only travel and hunt at night.
That is dreadful! Is the fish and game control as strong as it is in the US or are you allowed to exterminate them if you have a chance? Are children being attacked as well?

Man, oh man, Ranchero. You might live in one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, but I thank the good Lord we don't have to deal with the predator problems you have, or at least not yet.

You are allowed to kill them if you can find them, aren't you? I sure hope so, for your sake.

Liberty Belle:

I apologize for getting this mess started.

I thought that maybe the statement would encourage some looking around on the 'net to learn about the instance.

I couldn't find it, but I maybe thought others could find something.

I sure didn't mean to stir up the storm on that deal.

I wouldn't let these folks beat you up about it. You said it the way it came to you, and that's all there is to that.

Badlands

Latest posts