• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More pictures (2)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
Here's some more. Hope everyone doesn't get tired of looking at all these Herefords. :)

IMG_3843.jpg

A two year old bull 065X
IMG_3842.jpg

Miles City cow
IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

My new yearling bull 186Y
IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

847's dam and little sister.
IMG_3798.jpg

286 daughter
IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

I always like looking at good herefords... Even tho I no longer have any-- I was born and grew up when almost everything in this country was herefords... It was late 50's when Dad came home from a sale with a black angus bull- and he was one of the first I had ever saw...

Denny said:
I sure like those herefords do you sell any heifers???

Thanks, I normally don't sell very many heifers. I like to give most of them a try and then work on the cows. This year I'll be selling 7 head or so but most of them will be going to Kazakhstan.

Ned Jr. said:
Denny said:

Thanks, I normally don't sell very many heifers. I like to give most of them a try and then work on the cows. This year I'll be selling 7 head or so but most of them will be going to Kazakhstan.

Is Kazakhstan near Denver or closer to Reno? :wink: :lol: I think one ought'a head west of you a ways. She'd have a dry but good home. :D

leanin' H said:
Ned Jr. said:
Denny said:

Is Kazakhstan near Denver or closer to Reno? :wink: :lol: I think one ought'a head west of you a ways. She'd have a dry but good home. :D

Heck I thought it was somewhere past Topeka. :D

When we first started in this business, we ran Herfords too. We leased
a place that was part of the Northern Wyoming Hereford Ranch, owned
by Steve Smith in Iowa with a Vice President from Wyoming. Anyhow,
we had some of those freckle-faced ones like you pictured and as I
remember, they were some of the best cows. We had one cow that was
a marker cow, that we called "old ugly." She had a lot of topknot and
when the wind blew, it stood right straight up!! Anyhow, the year she
came up dry, I went to the house and cried my eyes out. :cry:

The first Black Angus bulls we bought, were two to breed to heifers.
Of course that was before many records were kept, bw's, etc and we
got some c-sections out of that cross.

Your herefords are some of the best I've ever seen, I do believe.

Thank you Faster Horses!!! That freckle-faced cow has been a good one. I've sold herd bulls out of her into Oklahoma, New Mexico/Colorado and she's the dam of the 847 bull Doug Thorson and I own together. She's 10 this year and I do believe when it's her time I may cry my eyes out too.

Here's her picture in her younger days.
COL1DOMINETTE226M.jpg

Here's her son 847.
COL1DOMINO847.jpg

these are great cattle like to look at pic. I had 2 bulls I leased out one season got 3 steers Bulls for doing it ...then I had to sell them
.I want to get 5 black baldies and IA them to a beefmaster or Char. long time commitment...

Things are looking good down there. I am sure 847 is a whole lot happier in Colorado than he would be in South Dakota this year.

If I wasn't in need of a heifer bull I would say just head 235 north when he is weaned, but I guess you might be able to find someone else to take him.

hayguy said:
Good cattle are good cattle no matter the color, just different :)

Very true! Really enjoy looking at your cattle Ned. They are in great flesh and really quite impressive as Faster Horses said. Do you sell any semen on any of your bulls? If you do, I would definitely be interested.

WVGenetics said:
hayguy said:
Good cattle are good cattle no matter the color, just different :)

Very true! Really enjoy looking at your cattle Ned. They are in great flesh and really quite impressive as Faster Horses said. Do you sell any semen on any of your bulls? If you do, I would definitely be interested.

Thanks!!! We have semen on most all our herd bulls. I'll pm you the list.

What do you ask for the yearling bulls you sell, if you don't mind me
asking. We have friends that are just starting out and are using Herefords on their black angus cows. I assume you sell yearlings in the fall or spring...???

You can PM me the details if you wish.

Latest posts