• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Questions on Personality ??????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
Women and the nice Guy
Until 21 I was Shy and a nice guy and I had little luck with women.

Starting the "Bar Life" - as the song says -
"I can make you Not Shy – My name – Alcohol"
but I still few women come my way - - AND - - the Lookers went for the A Holes.

I chose – to become the "A Hole" - -

as a "4Fer" – (Find'm, Feel'm, (Not Nice)'m, and Forget'm)
or D'mD'm - -Deck'm and (Not Nice) 'm I had a very fruitful life but that was Alcohol.

If Alcohol could do that to me I chose to be that way with out it. - -

But that was still not me (the real me) - - a "nice guy". - - Still at 67, most women I meet want the "A Hole" not the real me - -

I think thats so they can put all the blame on the A Hole by saying "That's not me - He made me do …"

As my "EX" is fond of saying
"I married a Real A Hole of a Cowboy BUT he never Rode Away"

I have been rather "Wild" in my days and did things that were not me. I actcept that and enjoyed most of them.

I lived in several "orehouses" in my time and those Ladies Like the Nice Guy ME. (FUNNY but - - I could be Me there)

But the average woman I meet out and about wants/reacts to the "A Hole Me" (WHY?)

I get-a-long with most women as long as I remember it's true:

"Treat a Lady like an Ore and a Ore like a Lady!" - -
but THEY MUST KNOW and EXCEPT that IT"S A GAME not the real me!

PS
Reading back over this it sounds like a Brag but in fact It is a Question/Complaint :!:

Sounds a lot like me but a few years ahead of me 67-25=42 years ( maybe I should change my name from Mudhen to young pup), but I one day just said the 7734 with it. I am who I am, take it or leave it and when I did I got my wife ( of 2 years now) came along.

Old Dog/New Tricks, I can understand where you are coming from and it's a hurtful place. I think a lot of it has to do with a lot of women equating 'nice' with 'boring'. Also, I think part of it has to do with all of the 'bad boy' movies/books/etc of the heroine 'reforming' the bad boy and they live happily ever after - which is usually total bs. Finally, I think part of it has to do with a lot of women wanting to escape their reality and being hooked on excitement, thrills, living on the edge, however you want to phrase it - and also a large percentage of women wanting to 'change' their man. I'm probably going to get crucified, but I believe the things set forth above are the main reasons a lot of women shun nice and choose a## hole.

OD/NT-----i, too, understand the "bad boy" attraction....i fell for it hook, line and sinker when i was 17....married less than a year later and paid dearly for my error for 7 years....the man whose last name i now hold is the "nice guy" and i am truly blessed!!!!! I wince with hurtful memories when I see these young, naive girls swooning over the "rebels without a clue" on the streets and just wanna shake them and warn them for their own good....however, most of them have the attitude "you don't know...you have never been there"...if only they knew!! :cry: :cry:

Jeannie said:
Old Dog/New Tricks, I can understand where you are coming from and it's a hurtful place. I think a lot of it has to do with a lot of women equating 'nice' with 'boring'. Also, I think part of it has to do with all of the 'bad boy' movies/books/etc of thea hurtful place. Finally, I think part of it has to do with a lot of women wanting to escape their reality and being hooked on excitement, thrills, living on the edge, however you want to phrase it - and also a large percentage of women wanting to 'change' their man. I'm probably going to get crucified, but I believe the things set forth above are the main reasons a lot of women shun nice and choose a## hole.

a hurtful place = = I hope you mean hurtful for them - I THINK I am very secure in My Place - - - my thoughts are for them

The rest of your post is quite insightful except for one part - the heroine 'reforming' the bad boy and they live happily ever after - - if that were the case the would have been happy when ai reformed and urned into a good guy - Now I note your BS statement

ranchwife said:
OD/NT-----i, too, understand the "bad boy" attraction....i fell for it hook, line and sinker when i was 17....married less than a year later and paid dearly for my error for 7 years....the man whose last name i now hold is the "nice guy" and i am truly blessed!!!!!
I'm happy for you!
I wince with hurtful memories when I see these young, naive girls swooning over the "rebels without a clue" on the streets and just wanna shake them and warn them for their own good....however, most of them have the attitude "you don't know...you have never been there"...if only they knew!! :cry: :cry:
"I know…and yes I've been there" - - I could tell you stories. :roll:

I'm sorry that is what you have found to be true, old dogs.

Where do you live? I know several ladies that would like to find a NICE GUY.

I have one little thing I cannot help but say to you;

"If you don't like what is coming back to you in life, you need to change what you are giving out."

This little line has proven to be true to me, more times than I can count. Please don't get angry about it, but do think it over...

it has much merit.

And good luck; I mean that and hope the best for you.

Hey!
Thanks for your concern but I have a Question:
Why do you assume that "I as the observer" need the Meds?

I think you are the same person that has exchanged emails with my daughter recently - - dose she sound as if she has a parent in need of Mental Support.

Again Thank for The Feelings
No Hard Feeling meant or taken.

Latest posts