• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
It rained pretty hard last night and early this morning. After months of no rain in the last 2 1/2 weeks we have had 3 inches, maybe more. In 17 days it has rained on 6 of them. I don't know how much fell this time but the driveway looks like it was significant. I took the rain gauge down on Saturday. The last two years I forgot and left it up. It had water in it and then froze breaking the tube. So between now and about April I will have to guess at how much falls.

Thee weather radar looks like Nicky got rain and maybe snow. They have to be higher elevation than I am and the snow line isn't far above me.

Here at the house I am at 2,700 feet. No snow here. The top of the hill out back is 4,700. Darn sure snow there and quite a ways down the hill. The closest thing I could find to Nicky's place listed at 3,396. So she is about 700 feet high than we are here. I took this picture this morning while out feeding calves.

Attachments

• PB082732.JPG
    PB082732.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 34
I saw video from Sumas Washington. Just across the border. There has to be some dead dairy cows there too. That part of the world is a mess right now.
We had a flood like that in the Chehalis valley in 2007. Out of 300 acres I had about 1 acre that was high and dry. The cows got their feet washed that day.

Latest posts