• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mosquitoes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
People worry about snakes but world wide many more people die due to mosquitoes. I am aware of and keep an eye out for snakes. Mosquitoes I try to keep out of my eyes.
It has been fairly breezy the last few days. That sort of helped keep them down. This morning is calm. They are swarming this morning. Two and a half foot tall grass with flood irrigation running under it make mighty nice breeding ground for the pesky buggers. Deep Woods Off does keep them from landing and biting me. But it doesn't keep the swarm around and bouncing off my face. It sure makes changing the irrigation fun every morning. Not even the middle of June yet and I am looking forward to a couple good frosty fall mornings.

Mosquitoes make a fine breakfast🤮
I really hate it when they fly up your nose or into your mouth. I use deep woods off a lot when hunting and irrigating. Although if a mosquito was to show up this year he'd have to bring his own canteen. Soapweed who used to frequent this site, was bitten by a dang mosquito and developed west Nile. Sure did make him sick.

I know a rancher in south central Washington who got West Nile. By the time they figured it out and stopped it he was left about one step above an invalid.

I know a rancher in south central Washington who got West Nile. By the time they figured it out and stopped it he was left about one step above an invalid.

Soapweed was in tough shape from it for quite some time. In fact, if I remember correctly, they weren't sure he was going to pull through it. I think just lately he is able to ride a horse again.

Latest posts