• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mount Hood

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Mount Hood intrigues me. We have no mountains in Australia like that. New Zealand has Mt Egmont which looks a lot like it. Mt Fuji and Kilimanjaro are quite similar.
We need a decent mountain range that would help us with our rainfall. We have too much flat dry country.
Colin

Isn't Australia the top of a big mountain sticking out of the ocean? Doesn't it help to know you are on a mountain? You've helped your neighbors with their rainfall, and flooded 'em out, and that coral reef seems to have adapted though. Maybe some day I'll go over there and build you a mt. range. No promise on its effectiveness, but, you might get a cute little ant pile there.
Mt. Hood, huh? Why does it intrigue you? What does intrigue mean?

I'm sorry, I think I sounded a bit rude. I wasn't trying to be.
I've seen pictures of Mt.Hood although not in person. It is very interesting,. I have never been to Australia, but seen pictures, and it is very dry, but interesting. My sister used to want to go and live there.

yes Australia is quite dry. The wettest parts are right around the edge. West of the Great Dividing Range is fairly dry,but not desert,I've not been to the US so I have nothing to compare it with.
Our area which is up in the Great Divide (3,000 feet) is regarded as fairly reliable for rainfall usually,except for the last few years.
Its got quite cool here since our paltry drop of rain a few days ago. After all it is winter here.
Colin

I actually hate Vegemite. No we don't usually have Kangaroos in the streets. Out west they might, especially in drought times. Kangaroos are a nuisance and can be dangerous if you are cornered by a buck,he'll lash out with his hind legs. Kangaroos eat a lot of grass,so most graziers dislike them.
Colin

Hey Colin, you'll know about these, Haymaker thought it was something to do with a pipe. How well can you play one? and what is the correct spelling of a Dijarado.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/Murgen/BlowHard.jpg

I live in Oregon, and we're pretty obsessed with Mt. Hood. Everyone around here feels compelled to include in every single picture of anything. So, I guess it's not surprising you've heard of it all the way in Australia. :roll:

Australian Cattleman said:
Mount Hood intrigues me. We have no mountains in Australia like that. New Zealand has Mt Egmont which looks a lot like it. Mt Fuji and Kilimanjaro are quite similar.
We need a decent mountain range that would help us with our rainfall. We have too much flat dry country.
Colin
You might visit California and Oregon and Washington to see it they could "S-l-i-i-i-d-e" some of their Cascades over to Australia for you. It would serve two purposes: Minimize the Earthquake threat on the American West Coast, and help you out with your rainfall. Best of two worlds!

Come up to the Pacific NW, we'll show you around. A lot o see, from Coast to Cascades to High Desrt to Wallowa Mountains and Hells Canyon. Oh, the Columbia Gorge to. We have a lot of variety.

PPRM

Latest posts