• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Movies and tv shows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WE don't get Netflix or Amazon so I watch lots of old westerns.. Good thing is I can fall asleep during one show and wake up in the middle of another and just carry on,

One show my sister told me about is Down the Fence. A documentary on horse trainers by the looks of in the working cowhorse class.
Faster Horses I bet you and Jack might enjoy it.
My daughter liked a show Joe Pickett a Game warden in Wyoming. Sounded a bit Longmire to me.
Anybody watched Dolly Parton's show about her songs. Abut 6 different ones I think

Movies- Lonesome Dove, Last of the Dogmen, every John Wayne movie ever made, Saving Private Ryan, Hacksaw Ridge

I like the Office on reruns. Newer tv is like new country music. Can't stand most of it. Tried to watch Yellowstone. Turned it off. To rank and totally a soap opera with cowboy hats. About as realistic as the rest of the crap on tv

Anne with an E, based on Anne of Green Gables, on Netflix
Virgin River, Netflix
The movie Wind River
All 3 favorites of mine also. Lonesome Dove and Open range were also good. Heartland was alright but a bit too political and too much about horses and not enough about working cattle. Too much unrealistic drama, but that is TV. I could never find season 15. I tried to watch 1880 but that was filled with too much nonsense and Faith Hill looked much too nice for a pioneer woman.

WE don't get Netflix or Amazon so I watch lots of old westerns.. Good thing is I can fall asleep during one show and wake up in the middle of another and just carry on,

One show my sister told me about is Down the Fence. A documentary on horse trainers by the looks of in the working cowhorse class.
Faster Horses I bet you and Jack might enjoy it.
My daughter liked a show Joe Pickett a Game warden in Wyoming. Sounded a bit Longmire to me.
Anybody watched Dolly Parton's show about her songs. Abut 6 different ones I think
I bet we would. Where do we find it?
We liked, believe it or not, Ultimate Cowboy Challenge with Trace Adkins. We thought it would be too fake, but it wasn't.
We liked Joe Pickett. The second season should be on soon.
Same with Heartland. I dearly love Heartland. Have watched it from the beginning in 2007. This will be the 16th season. Per (ranchers.net member for those that might not know) lets me know when they are filming again, because he lives near there.
The Son was a great series, should have lasted longer IMO.
Justified was good. Some bad language tho.

I have to mention POLDARK. It was recommended to me or else I would have never watched it. It was OUTSTANDING.
So was Downton Abby. It took about 3 years before we decided to watch it and I'm so glad we did.
Now we have seen the movie, which was okay, but not as good as the series. I heard they are making a new season.

Movie: Mission Impossible; Maverick. But we like Tom Cruise. He looks really good for his age.
Movie: Second Hand Lions--a Classic and timeless.

We watched Cinderella Man last night. It's a great movie and is a true story.

Mr FH watches a LOT of old westerns. Mostly Gunsmoke,
but he has branched out to The Virginian. 🤣 One thing about being elderly, you can watch the same shows over again.

Leanin H. We couldn't stomach Yellowstone either. We watched the free episode of 1883, it might have been better, but we weren't going to pay for Paramount Plus just to find out.

Edited to add: Peace River. It was so good. We paid $9.99 to watch it on Amazon Prime and it was worth it. Produced by a guy who had never produced a movie and didn't know anything about producing a movie. He did a great job. He started it during the Pandemic so it took him longer to finish it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
we did buy all the Longmire series when We was in Buffalo last winter on way home from a soak at Thermopolis, we started watching it again couple nights ago. Kind of funny when they drive across Wyoming in just a few hours, and one county has more murders than the whole state. But everybody is fallible I think is the main message

Latest posts