• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Movin' yealings

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Time to sort and move some yearlings.
July10-2356.jpg

July10-2361.jpg

They fill the alley up better than last time they were down here.
July10-2365.jpg

More road crossings.
July10-2368.jpg

In the gate.
July10-2370.jpg

They will rotate through this pasture wired off a weeks supply at a time. I can't bring myself to shorten the moves up more than that because I have golfing, baling and other stuff to occupy my time.
July10-2374.jpg

Another group doing custom acreage mowing.
July10-2379.jpg

A different mind set is required for this as overgrazing is expected because they want it mowed like a lawn. You have to bring cattle that you don't need to gain as fast as possible like old cows or bred hfs.
July10-2380.jpg

bverellen said:
Is that your trailer per?

If so, would you mind posting some more pics of it?

Thanks.

bart.

<><
Yes it is. I will get some pics for you tomorrow.

Always something to get done no matter how dressed up you are. This pic is proof for gcreek.
DavidandBreanne099.jpg

You might remember I posted this pic a couple of weeks ago. It is my BIL making gold out of junk. He was salvaging old poles from my yard.
July10-2053.jpg

This is the end result. An entrance way for his daughters wedding.
DavidandBreanne040.jpg

DavidandBreanne038.jpg

A perfect day. Warm mostly cloudy, kids playing and baling getting done. Ice cream cones for all.
DavidandBreanne076.jpg

DavidandBreanne085.jpg

Plenty of music before the indoor part. More pics tomorrow. Thunder storm going on as I post this so maybe should shut this thing down.
DavidandBreanne084.jpg

Gee I didn't know you had to get so dressed up to move cattle in Alberta.

Next thing they will make ties mandatory. :wink: :lol: :lol:

That is quite a pile of rocks and a nice gate entrance. :D

Big Muddy rancher said:

I can't decide whether I want to become an aristocrat or eccentric when I get big.

per said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

I can't decide whether I want to become an aristocrat or eccentric when I get big.

How much of a challenge are you up for? :wink: :lol:

Wow Per! You clean up purdy darn good! Your BIL worked magic with "old poles". What an awesome setting for a wedding.

I can't show these pics to my Dad, he'll want to come and check out your rock work. It's his passion in life, landscaping with rocks and boulders. Actually, I can't show the pics to anyone, the wife will start to think our yard should look like that, then I'll have to get all dressed up to do yard work and move yearlings. :lol:

PureCountry said:
Wow Per! You clean up purdy darn good! Your BIL worked magic with "old poles". What an awesome setting for a wedding.

I can't show these pics to my Dad, he'll want to come and check out your rock work. It's his passion in life, landscaping with rocks and boulders. Actually, I can't show the pics to anyone, the wife will start to think our yard should look like that, then I'll have to get all dressed up to do yard work and move yearlings. :lol:

Some people can sure make it difficult for us under achievers.eh? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
PureCountry said:

Some people can sure make it difficult for us under achievers.eh? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I fit in with the rest of the under achievers. Note, the log pile was at my place, the finished product at his place. PC send your dad on down and he can visit all day long with my BIL who also shares the landscaping passion.

Latest posts