• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moving Cows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WyomingRancher

Reaction score
Today I moved some of the cattle we kept home this summer.

The crew. My Casey dog is still doing well after her spleen was removed :D .
RiparianArea001.jpg

Tia gathering cattle.
RiparianArea002.jpg

RiparianArea003.jpg

Going through the gate into the new pasture.
RiparianArea005.jpg

The dogs bringing up the rear.
RiparianArea008.jpg

Interesting meadow picture. The grazed side is MUCH healthier than the side no longer being grazed, and is now part of a housing development. The photos don't do justice to the difference in meadow quality.
RiparianArea011.jpg

I know which side of the fence my cattle prefer :D .
RiparianArea022.jpg

RiparianArea024.jpg

Some heifer calves I'd like to keep.
RiparianArea028.jpg

The meadow seems to be dying out on the ungrazed side of the fence. I don't think the land has been grazed for seven years now.
RiparianArea034.jpg

Luv the picture of the dogs and horse...probably cause I'm partial to borders..lol I've seen the effects also of ungrazed grass,,,it's a sad sight,,but your cows look awful good in the grass they're enjoying..Glad ya had a good day!

We have a neighbour who hasn't had anything grazing his 2 quarters for about 20 years. It's a tangled mess of dead, oxidizing brome and brush. I'd love to turn our whole herd in there and show him what hoof action can do. 275 pairs and 250 yearlings would be the best thing that could happen to it.

Great pics WR.

PureCountry said:
We have a neighbour who hasn't had anything grazing his 2 quarters for about 20 years. It's a tangled mess of dead, oxidizing brome and brush. I'd love to turn our whole herd in there and show him what hoof action can do. 275 pairs and 250 yearlings would be the best thing that could happen to it.

Great pics WR.

One of the main issues in the forest service lawsuit we went through was "overgrazing of riparian zones." The environmental groups said we had abused and overgrazed the meadows in our allotment which couldn't have been further from the truth. The general public simply doesn't "get it" when it comes to utilization... land needs grazed, crapped on, and worked over with hooves. Their lawsuit threatened to create more subdivisions since we permittees would've been forced out of business if they'd won. If they appeal the latest decision, the Supreme Court would be the next stop, but hopefully they won't try that :wink: .

Latest posts