• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moving Cows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
We moved cows the last couple of mornings. Been about as nice of mornings as we have had this year. Tried drizzling on us just a bit, but was absolutely gorgeous.

Hoffman011.jpg

Friday morning gathering cows. The pasture is just over 400 acres, and I had 200 pairs in it for nearly 4 weeks. I gathered everything and had them at the gate waiting, when Lisa got here to count them through the gate.

Hoffman015.jpg

If you look real close you can see the water tower in Cody.

Hoffman013.jpg

The tallest hill on the ranch.

Hoffman008.jpg

The reason we don't have a land line.

Hoffman009.jpg

On Saturday we took cows across the river. The pasture we gathered is about 800 acres, and LOTS of canyons and trees, so Lisa and a neighbor helped gather it. We got an early start.

rivercows001.jpg

Squeek and Frog pushing cows

rivercows007.jpg

The easiest way off the top.

rivercows008.jpg

rivercows024.jpg

rivercows022.jpg

It still isn't real easy, and once you get to bottom.

rivercows029.jpg

rivercows031.jpg

I still couldn't make it out.

After getting them through the gate we had to cross the river.

rivercows048.jpg

rivercows054.jpg

And of course there were 2 calves that wouldn't cross until they were convinced too.

rivercows055.jpg

From this point on, the camera was the last thing on my mind.

Must have hurt a bit when you hit that tree hard enough to split it at the bottom of the hill. :shock:

Nice shots, thanks for taking me along.

Nice pic.'s, thank's for the trip! I was looking at the last picture for a while think'in , boy I know that feeling.....a picture is worth a thousand word's!!!
Took a while to notice the red calf doing the "BONZIA!!!" LoL

I was just taking pictures, and had no idea that I got the calf doing the belly flop, until I started down loading the pictures. I have never had so much trouble trying to move cattle, as I have this year.

Heck, i can't blame those calves for not wanting to cross. That much water would have me pretty nervous myself! :D Great pictures of your day. Thanks!

Your river crossing looks much nicer than the one we have to use..canyons on both sides..sure beautiful countryside..your hills look great!

Latest posts