• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moving some cattle around

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
before the storm.
Much easier to have cattle in fresh fields before inclement weather so it is easier for them to do what they are good at. Graze.
Jan2012263.jpg

Also moved the bulls to fresh grazing. Here are a sample of our battery. For you grazing gurus these bulls have had nothing but grass up till now and later in the winter they will get hay when the feed runs out. If they can't hold their own they get moved off our place.

Jan2012277.jpg

Jan2012279.jpg

Jan2012286.jpg

Jan2012289.jpg

Jan2012290.jpg

Jan2012297.jpg

Also moved some shelter for another group of cows.
Jan2012300.jpg

That was yesterday, this is today.
Jan2012305.jpg

Yes Per, yesterday was sure a lot nicer than today, thank-you for sharing your pics. P.S. whats the wheel for on the front of Mrs' Per's loader?

what a difference a day makes , had a couple of friends come over yesterday to rope a few belly nuts , plus 5 sunny no wind , this morning -25 with a wind chill , it looks alot nicer your way per :wink:

Per;
Wished you guys had shut the door; winter hit last night........looks like a week of cold before moderating.
How well do you like the Kubota.......was looking at them a couple of weeks ago. Salesmen said they have a new model coming out with a new improved cab style.Tractor pricing wasn't bad.......I just couldn't hack the lack of head room.

The wheel on the loader is a bale unroller on the side of the spear tool bar. A trip to Princess Auto and 20 minutes of instalation gives hours of unrolling pleasure.

Cowsense, I like the Kubota in most aspects except it's cab is too small. We are comfortable in it and there is enough room but I would back away if I were a large statured man. A new cab design for North American sized folks would be my advise to Kabota. Other than that it is a real pleasure to operate. I would rent one for a week and give it a try.

per said:
The wheel on the loader is a bale unroller on the side of the spear tool bar. A trip to Princess Auto and 20 minutes of instalation gives hours of unrolling pleasure.

Cowsense, I like the Kubota in most aspects except it's cab is too small. We are comfortable in it and there is enough room but I would back away if I were a large statured man. A new cab design for North American sized folks would be my advise to Kabota. Other than that it is a real pleasure to operate. I would rent one for a week and give it a try.

i get it now,bet it gives a lot more control than trying to just use the front tractor tire,probably safer too

I'd have a tough time in a Kubota, providing i even got in :wink: :lol: :lol:

hayguy said:
per said:

I'd have a tough time in a Kubota, providing i even got in :wink: :lol: :lol:

I could make it in, it was getting out that was the problem.

-35C here tonight with a little NE breeze to go with it. I'm tired of winter already. :lol:

per said:

Per; Salesguy stated that Kubota has completely redesigned the cab; about 6 inches more headroom; moved heater A/C unit & vents to side; added a sunroof and moved more controls to armrest console. Front cab pillars also removed for better visibility. Just announced & not sure of when availability will be.
Currently demoing a 5475 Massey; nice tractor but concerned that it doesn't have enough clearance for haying operations. McCormick MX 135 is next to try. Kubota's are tempting with updates but concerned with light weight & small frame size.........FEL tractors on a ranch tend to be used hard!

I rolls it out fine, not sure if it could be helped. I would use whatever tire that was available. A taller tire might be an advantage but this works great.

per.....thanks a lot that unrolling picture explains everything.....I think i will make one of those for mine.....THANKS AGAIN

Cowsense, our McCormick 125 is great for baleing and running the feeder. If you have questions about it let me know.

Hey Per The Boys look like they are in good shape, Do you still have cows in the hills, or are you starting to get too much snow. We are getting a little snow here the last two days.

EastWind said:
Hey Per The Boys look like they are in good shape, Do you still have cows in the hills, or are you starting to get too much snow. We are getting a little snow here the last two days.
The cows came to the flats last week. Lots of feed up west and very little snow but the same down here and I would rather carry over the native grass.

Latest posts