• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mr.BMR

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
We just recieved our new Canadian Cowboy,thats a really interesting area you live in.You must be proad of your homes history!This months had alot of great articals in it.

Yes ,we are proud of our area. The kids on the front are being raised on the next ranch over. Where the pictures were take was on the Castle butte ranch. My Grandfather used to own it but my dad and uncle sold it to the man that had worked for my grandpa for quite a few years. His son in law now owns it. We live about 15 miles down the valley south of the Big muddy lake. The buffalo jump they show is north of the lake. Lots of "Recent" history as we have only been homesteaded in this area since 1928 and it was ranchers and outlaws before that. Still is at times.

History is interesting,my father-in-laws family settled along the Battle River area we live in,in 1915.A great grandaughter and her family live on the homeplace.There also is alot of native history in our area and a large amount of artifacts have been found on our river land pasture.We have a point that the natives used to camp on because of the large area view off this point! The pictures in Canadian Cowboy shows a different land mass then normal.Plus the little girl in the middle of front page picture is a charmer :D

Latest posts