• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mr. Lilly Feared Abduction At Walmart

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Fuel prices bein what they are, I decided Mr. Lilly needed to take the grocery list with him today and on his way home, since he goes right by Walmart, he could stop and buy groceries. I mussa taught him well. He did all the shopping by himself, except for one phone call to ask what brand of somethin to get. Anyway, he'd gotten to the check out line, and he's been trained well. He put all the heavier items on the conveyor belt first, can goods, sugar, flour, ya git the drift. Well there he was, mindin his own business, when bout half way thru unloadin the basket, two lil ole ladies (80ish) he said, got in line behind him. He noticed that they were watchin him real close as he put stuff up on the belt. Then they started talkin about how he was doin it.
"Oh, look he's puttin it all in order from heaviest to lightest"
"All the cold stuff together, even in cold sacks"
other one replyed, "Yes this young man ( I cackled at that one since he's past 40) this young man will make someone a real good husband someday"
Mr Lilly said the cashier was kinda smirkin, tryin not to laugh.
On and on it went he said, he was beginnin to get worried that they'd try to abduct him and take em home to a grandaughter or somethin. When the cashier came upon the hair spray and some hair scrunchies (which were not on the list by the way, but he'd heard me grumblin just a few days ago bout mine not holdin my hair up no more) she picked up these two items, and said, "Ladies, I think this man's already gotta wife".....
The woman behind those two was someone he works with, who verified that he was indeed a married man.
He said both lil ladies went "Awwwwww" then proceeded to comment on how he tied the sacks shut, and put everything in the basket so nicely.

What I wanna know is...if he's so darn good at grocery shoppin, why when we go together does he run off somewhere n I can't find him for an hour?

What I wanna know is...if he's so darn good at grocery shoppin, why when we go together does he run off somewhere n I can't find him for an hour?

It's a Man thing. :cowboy:

I hate to tell you this I do the samething but I will not did I say no way in 7734 will I go to W_ _ -mart. This place has driven small town ma & pa shops out of business. Just about everything you get there is made in China and not worth a dam. Now that most of the ma & pa shops are out of business they got their prices higher then what the small family store had to begin with. They got a monopoly going one and I will not support it. I will waste more gas so I can get my dog food at CO-OP, beer at the beer store, get my tooth paste at the pharmacy, and meat at the butcher shop. Just so I will not go in there and once you get in there the people are rude as hell. I all most got my wife seeing my may, but with the twins if she wants any help she knows we are not going to go to W_ _ -mart.

Sorry Sam, you were a sharp man for setting all this up and if it was still all made in the USA, I may still go there, but now it is cheap cheap cheap I hate to let you know this but it cost less down the road and it is a better product.

Mudhen said:
I hate to tell you this I do the samething but I will not did I say no way in 7734 will I go to W_ _ -mart. This place has driven small town ma & pa shops out of business. Just about everything you get there is made in China and not worth a dam. Now that most of the ma & pa shops are out of business they got their prices higher then what the small family store had to begin with. They got a monopoly going one and I will not support it. I will waste more gas so I can get my dog food at CO-OP, beer at the beer store, get my tooth paste at the pharmacy, and meat at the butcher shop. Just so I will not go in there and once you get in there the people are rude as hell. I all most got my wife seeing my may, but with the twins if she wants any help she knows we are not going to go to W_ _ -mart.

Sorry Sam, you were a sharp man for setting all this up and if it was still all made in the USA, I may still go there, but now it is cheap cheap cheap I hate to let you know this but it cost less down the road and it is a better product.

AMEN, BROTHER!

I feel the same way. My son and I would rather "pay more and get poorer service"! :lol:

I was in the city for a meeting last week and we went to get groceries at the Safeway. heck I went and got blood drawing for an anemia test rather then walk around behind that cart. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I was in the city for a meeting last week and we went to get groceries at the Safeway. heck I went and got blood drawing for an anemia test rather then walk around behind that cart. :cowboy:

Ain't anemia where you don't have enough blood? You got a vampire up in your neck of the woods? And is her name Tam? :shock: :eek: :lol:

My mother had amemia when she was a girl and she had to eat raw beef liver. Ruined her as a liver cook for the rest of her life! She'd boil it and then fry it to a dark, leathery substance. Hard to chew and didn't taste much like liver, but it made a dandy shoe sole! :lol:

I agree that walmart has helped put the smaller fellas outta business. With that said, and where I live there aren't any small mom n pop stores. Well I shouldn't say none, we do have a small small mom and pop store in our lil town pop 300, and we frequent there all the time. But when it's time to go to buy serious groceries, the things the mom n pop dont have, Id just as soon go to walmart as I had Kroger , HEB, or places like that.(They are National Conglomerates too)
But on the other hand, these smaller mom n pop stores, I'd be more than happy to do all my shoppin right there in our lil town of 300, but most times they are out of bread, out of milk, they only carry 1lb bags of flour and sugar and those are priced at 2.39. (Twice what a 5lb bag is other places)
Look at the labels on grocery's, 99.9% are still grown and packaged right here in the United States. Even Walmart Groceries.
Now for the foreign made stuff. Yeah, they have em, Electronic Department is full of it. Toy Department is full of it. Shoe department is full of it. The automotive Department has it's fair share, just as well as the Sportin Goods department as well. Those areas of the store I avoid as much as possible.
But still don't change the fact, that no matter where you buy your things that would be carried in these departments, they are still made in Tiawan, Indonesia, China, etc. Even if mom n pop are the one's carrying them. One of my favorites stores to go Christmas shoppin in is....."The TEXAS Store" All things made in Texas. If I"m gonna conciously support something by buyin their products, it might as well be my own State.
I"m not siding one way or the other on mom n pop stores, but alot of them, I think, helped put themselves outta business by not carrying the things we need on a daily basis. It's only natural if you need somethin and they don't have it, to go somewhere else.

Lilly, I would like to ask you to go to 'Political Bull' and read the thread about Wal-Mart. It could open your eyes.

What most of us don't like about Wal-mart is how they force things on their suppliers. And if it puts the supplier out of business, they just find another. We have had this discussion about Wal-mart on here many times. Wal-mart isn't interested in saving you money, they are interested in MAKING MONEY. Which, of course, is the goal of every business. It is the UNFAIR way that Wal-mart competes that we don't like.

There always are two sides expressed to this argument. I doubt if anyone changed their mind because of the discussions.

I know I haven't changed mine. That means I still don't shop at Wal-Mart.

Oh boy lily was just tellin a nice story and it got changed to a political forum :!: I for one don't like to shop ANYWHERE... well maybe the local U.F.A :wink:

Yeap looks like I"m gonna hafta start censoring my posts.......the story had nothin to do with where he shopped, but what happened.

Story might go somethin like this....Mr Lilly was grocery shoppin "at a store that shall remain nameless" etc etc.

Seems anytime a brand name or Place is named, someone's gonna have negative things to say about it. I try not to look at that side of things, look at the brighter side of things that might bring a smile to someone elses face.

Makes ya wonder, has anyone done research on , Target, KMart, Foley's, Sears, Dillards, etc to find out where there products come from or made?

Question for all of you.....Did you know Wranglers are made in Mexico?
hmmmm gonna quite buyin Wranglers? start wearin Levi's (made in asia among other places)

I stay away from the political forums for a reason, I don't care for em, the arguing and bickering that goes on in there really doesn't interest me.
I did go read the post about walmart however. Still doesn't prove to me that walmarts doin somethin that none of these other companies, stores, etc aren't doin as well, they are all out there to make a buck. I will say tho I dont like the fact that so many things are made over seas, But unless everyone is willing to go back to growing your own food, (all of it) weaving your own fabric, from materials you grew yourself, sewing your own clothes, etc etc It's not gonna change.

And as for people bein rude? Ha Ha...they don't ALL work at walmart.

Lilly, I thought the story was very cute, and you are lucky he didn't get abducted :) I agree with your view on the political posts. I guess that's why I don't watch the news all that much either :wink:

Sorry Lilly, I started it all. But what gets me so mad is the fact WallyWord all started out as being all American out to help the small communities. Where has that all gone? As for your story I better not see this post or I will have to start shopping NO NO not good not good at all. :p

Mudhen said:
Sorry Lilly, I started it all. But what gets me so mad is the fact WallyWord all started out as being all American out to help the small communities. Where has that all gone? As for your story I better not see this post or I will have to start shopping NO NO not good not good at all. :p

should say

Sorry Lilly, I started it all. But what gets me so mad is the fact WallyWord all started out as being all American out to help the small communities. Where has that all gone? As for your story I better not let my wife see this post or I will have to start shopping NO NO not good not good at all. :p

that will get me in more trouble :shock:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Well maybe a better place to ask that question would be to email the higher ups of walmart. Enuff of us do that, maybe somethin would change?? Big Maybe, but still a thought.

I have done it once but I will do it again and again if needed; are we going to do it? Should we all do it at once or just one at a time? :???:

Latest posts