• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MRJ - A Quote, a Direct Quote

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
"Both SH and I have backed our remarks with direct quotes and sources far more often than most who post here."

MRJ, I'm just trying to get inside your head and understand why you would make the above statement without even a remote possibility to back it up. There is no way you could go back over every post on this board and prove it. Since you have backed your remarks "far" more often than most, try backing this one up too!

Anxiously waiting.

Mike said:
"Both SH and I have backed our remarks with direct quotes and sources far more often than most who post here."

MRJ, I'm just trying to get inside your head and understand why you would make the above statement without even a remote possibility to back it up. There is no way you could go back over every post on this board and prove it. Since you have backed your remarks "far" more often than most, try backing this one up too!

Anxiously waiting.

{Do you mean like you backed your allegations of "fraud" in the CAB program because it is not 100% Angus even though they never said it is?

That was obviously a personal opinion and statement I still believe is fact. Certainly I'm not going to go back through every post to "prove" my comment. There have been readers who have told me the same thing. I am not going to call them liars because I believe it is pretty darn accurate. If you don't agree, that is your choice? I don't think it is a good choice, but doubt I'll lose any sleep over it.

MRJ

MRJ

For the record, the CAB qualifications are:

1. At least 50% black angus
2. Black hide
3. Upper 2/3 of marbling grade

#2 and #3 are easily enforced. #1 is on the honor system and I too have seen examples of carcasses qualifying for CAB that were not 50% angus. It could be enforced, but it's not because in many cases the honor system is less than honorable.

~SH~

~SH~ said:

2. Black hide

#2 and #3 are easily enforced. #1 is on the honor system and I too have seen examples of carcasses qualifying for CAB that were not 50% angus. It could be enforced, but it's not because in many cases the honor system is less than honorable.

~SH~

I've had a few qualify for CAB and NEVER stated to anyone they were 50% angus. Last year one was 1/4 shorthorn 1/4 brangus & 1/2 char. I cannot say for a fact that it was packaged as "CAB", but I got paid for "CAB" and the breeding records accompanied the cattle to the feedyard.

~SH~ said:

2. Black hide

~SH~

You all keep bashing the angus breed with all the black cattle in the country we ALL cant be wrong.

How do you take a simmental of the 80's and turn him solid black in less than 20 years that in it self is a crock of bullshit.

I worked for an angus outfit then in high school he AI'ed his cows to simmental and got rat tails.If there is fraud going on I would be more concerened with ALL these so called PUREBRED breeds that will let them crossbreed and still register them.

Heres one RDDS Future Prorotype 13m he's in the Genex ai stud as simmental his maternal grand sire is DHD Traveler 6807,Heres another right below him on the same page GW Lucky Charm 665k his maternal grand dam is Taretaise x South Devon the list could go on and on in all these so called purebreds doesnt the charlaios allow south devon in there breed now.

If the angus breed is so bad why are there so many imposters.

Black polled stupentals thats a joke hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............

Who's bashing angus Denny?

The fact remains that animals that are not 50% angus are going into the CAB program.

Mike's correct on that!

Yes, a lot of breeds chased the black hide craze and for what? Now we just have a bunch of black hided cattle standing in the water all summer pissing because they are too hot to graze.

Black angus cannot do anything that red angus can't do just as well.

~SH~

I don't recall bashing any Angus cattle. Just the name "CAB" and their misrepresentations.

Denny, As far as the Charolais letting south devon in now is deceiving. Truth is they will let ANY breed in. But with considerations and rules:
I can register any calf from any breed of dam as long as the sire is purebred and the dams breed is known and she can be identified. The registration certificate on the calf will show the percentage (1/2 -3/4 -7/8 - 15/16- or 31/32) of charolais blood. Only when the breeding has reached 31/32 can that calf be purebred and only for heifers. No bulls are registered until they are 31/32. At least they are being honest about it!

Latest posts