• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

mrj

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I believe the surgery is already a done deal and she's been too busy running races on her replacement that there's been no time for Ranchers! :wink:

Which makes me add, all the folks I've known who have had knee replacements have done well and wish theyd had it earlier instead of putting up with the pain. Itsn't it wonderful this surgery is available today? Yes !

nonrancher said:
Which makes me add, all the folks I've known who have had knee replacements have done well and wish theyd had it earlier instead of putting up with the pain. Itsn't it wonderful this surgery is available today? Yes !

I have had two of them and neither turned out as good as they could have.
Would I still have it done................YES!

So.........I'm weeks late, and it took a little digging, but I did come up with enough change to even leave a tip after lunch 'out' today!

The surgery is fine, but seems slow healing because of a bad ankle below that knee. The first surgery is good. PT has been hard and somewhat counterproductive since it irritated the ankle, making it much weaker and more painful than before knee surgery. Same with new hip pain due to irritating sciatic nerve. Hard for me to see benefit in creating pain in new places. It is good to be walking with less danger of falling, and less pain in the knees.

And just in time to better enjoy our new great grand baby. She was born in Rapid City at 2:30 this morning! I think her name is Jaci, unless they changed their minds in the past week. She joins a two and a half year old sister, Jordyn who has been excited about getting a baby sister. We will see what the reality looks like. That might be like the difference between the romance, and the reality, of ranching! Those two ideas can be seem poles apart at times in daily life on a ranch, but the whole package sure is good. If all goes well for a day or two, they will be back home on the ranch soon.

We got most of the weaning done 'before baby', so it will be on to other fall chores after one more pasture is weaned yet this week, I believe. Fenceline weaning is awesome, yet again this year.

Thanks for the well wishes with the surgery.

mrj

Yes, congratulaitons on the grandbaby and I hope your ankle and knees improve quickly. I'm sure it feels like it is taking forever.

Latest posts