• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MsSage

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Richard Doolittle

Reaction score
Would you please remove the upside down flag being used as your avator?

You seem like a patriotic person and I'm sure you have your reasons for doing it, but there is NO good reason to disrespect our flag.

I thought that flying the flag upside down was a distress signal-
not disrespectfull.

Seems to me that our Country is in distress.

While I won't make a judgement on the flag, I do have to agree about the shape and direction this country is headed. If the current agenda is achieved then this country will in no way resemble what our founding fathers set forth.

I saw that and remembered the Wounded Knee stand off where they flew the flag upside down.

It is a sign of Distress.
With all the bills being passed without them being read or understood. All of the rights that are being attacked and stripped away. For me, MY COUNTRY is in distress its being attacked from within and being turned into something that the founding fathers fought and died to prevent. Too many young men and women have given all for this country and that flag and to have it and what it stands for be tarnished and dismissed is more than I will stand.
I have drawn my line in the sand and here I will either live or die.
I have to make a stand and do my best to fight for my country. I am not saying I am going to do anything violent but I will be more vocal and demenstrate what I believe and try to get others to join the action instead of just restating the problems. We need solutions and actions......

People have got to see, and that takes people to show and explain and motivate .......We need to be UNITED and to defend our liberty, because this is the best country in the world...

MsSage said:
It is a sign of Distress.
With all the bills being passed without them being read or understood. All of the rights that are being attacked and stripped away. For me, MY COUNTRY is in distress its being attacked from within and being turned into something that the founding fathers fought and died to prevent. Too many young men and women have given all for this country and that flag and to have it and what it stands for be tarnished and dismissed is more than I will stand.
I have drawn my line in the sand and here I will either live or die.
I have to make a stand and do my best to fight for my country. I am not saying I am going to do anything violent but I will be more vocal and demenstrate what I believe and try to get others to join the action instead of just restating the problems. We need solutions and actions......

People have got to see, and that takes people to show and explain and motivate .......We need to be UNITED and to defend our liberty, because this is the best country in the world...

Stand your ground on this one Ms Sage, you have a supporter here!!!!

From section 8 of the Flag Code:

Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

a.The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your motivation, I do disagree with your use of our Country's Flag to make your point.

Yes I KNOW the Flag code VERY well.
PLease tell me how many examples of extreme dangers I need to give you showing how our country is close to ending as we know it?

Selling our country to china?

Penlty for not having insurance OR one that meets the bill's definition of a qualified plan.
Section 7203 — misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.

Section 7201 — felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.

only provides subsidies to help pay this enormous sum after families making about $45,000 have paid 8 percent of their income for insurance
Im sorry BUT I make under that and I only pay about 3-4% and I have damn good insurance.
How many families will go bankrupt to get the amount they need?

States are closing PRISONS to save money. Corrections in only 7% of most states budget.

'Real' unemployment as high as 16%, says Fed official.Official figures may put the United States' unemployment rate at 9.4%.
How high would it be TODAY?

Banks, car companies, mortgage companies, and now commercial mortgage companies are being run by the Government.

What part of the Constitution gives the president power to tell private company whom it can hire, fire , or should fire, or even how much it can pay an employee?

How many more do you need?
I find this country in dire straits and know if this continues there will be loss of life and property destroyed.

As for now we will agree to disagree.

I don't know anything about Norm Olson and this was written over 10 years ago, but he is 100% on this.

'SURRENDER? I HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!"
by Norm Olson ([email protected]) 2/17/99

IN ANSWER TO: "The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."
"Aren't you going to turn your flag upside down, Norm? . . . Everyone is doing it, why don't you?"

Granted, the nation is in distress. And granted, there is an emergency, but the signal of dire distress is shown when the situation has become hopeless and when life and property are in imminent danger.

Not only is the flag turned upside down when ones control of the situation is gone, but it also indicates that there is hope only in what someone else can do, presumeably someone who can come to the rescue, else why signal distress?

So then, I must ask the question, "Are we in a hopeless situation and are there others who can rescue us?" To both questions I must answer "NO!" I am not yet willing to admit defeat or distress. I am not yet willing to beg someone else to do what I must do. I am not yet willing to signal distress to the world as if showing the world that I regard the situation as "all but lost."

Granted, I may be out-numbered and out-gunned, but when has God ever needed a majority of anything?

Instead, I will fly my bright colors with the stars pointed toward heaven from whence cometh my only strength and help and I will keep the stripe of red at the bottom to signify the other Americans whose blood has saturated this soil.

Surrender to the situation and declare hopelessness to the wondering world?

NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!

So when they ask Norm Olson if he is going to turn his flag upside down as others have, I will answer as another American did long ago when asked if he would surrender:

"Surrender? I have not yet begun to fight!"

Norm Olson, Commander,
Northern Michigan Regional Militia
Pastor, Freedom Church, Wolverine, Michigan
Owner, The Alanson Armory Gun Shop, Alanson, Michigan

Latest posts