• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mudhen pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mudhen

Reaction score
Try something new I hope it works for all. not as good as Soapweeds but it's something.

DSCF0221.jpg

My two little angles Faith & Hagen

DSCF0231.jpg

Here is my Grandparents house Been here since 1901.

DSCF0233.jpg

Here are some of the white peacock hens.

DSCF0235.jpg

Here are some of the Blue peacocks and a white turkey hen.

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

Here is Big Jake

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

Little jackrabbit

Beautiful pix, mudhen!!! Isn't it amazing how the houses our grandparents built will stand the test of time and last forever when the houses of today are literally cardboard and won't live to see grandkids!!?? :? The house my grandfather built in north dakota is the same way...traditional farmhouse!!! Gotta love 'em! :D

ranchwife said:
Beautiful pix, mudhen!!! Isn't it amazing how the houses our grandparents built will stand the test of time and last forever when the houses of today are literally cardboard and won't live to see grandkids!!?? :? The house my grandfather built in north dakota is the same way...traditional farmhouse!!! Gotta love 'em! :D

To tell you the true this house was built by my Great grandparents in the land rush. :shock: the house has gone thru some changes like in door plumbing and electricity :eek: Boy do we have it good now or what. I wonder how may can live without all this stuff now?

Nice pictures mudhen,some of the best.Nice country,good looking babies & fat cattle,dont get no better than that.....good luck

Thank you Hay Maker. You live in TX you most likely have the same problem as me with them dam Mesquites what do you do about them? :mad: :???:

Mudhen said:
Thank you Hay Maker. You live in TX you most likely have the same problem as me with them dam Mesquites what do you do about them? :mad: :???:

You know mudhen,I do have a few on the hill country place I use em for forecasting the weather,cedar is what we fight here at the home place.South of San Antonio we have mesquite,and we have done it all from spraying to dozing and chaining ,its a constant fight just part of ranching I guess I sure don't know of a perfect remedy,as long as they stay out of the hay fields IM happy...........good luck

Depending on how many you have, but several ways to kill mesquite.

If you want to aerial spray them, the chemicals Remedy and Reclaim mixed does a hell of a job. Cost's roughly $30 or so an acre.

If you want to to IPT (Individual Plant Treatment) with a back pack sprayer or something, some people use straight diesel with a surfactant. Or else you could use Remedy and Reclaim and just basal treat all the trees you wanted killed. Make sure you throughly soak all the trunk about 18 inches up.

Anyway, go to this website. It tells a lot of how to "Beat Mesquite". Its a site from A&M University System. Good info. Good Luck.

http://texnat.tamu.edu/brshbst/mesquite/mesquite.htm

Soapweed said:
Nice pictures, mudhen. Cute kids and good looking cattle. Do you have more cottontails than usual this summer, like we do here?

Thanks for posting.

We have alot more cotton tails up here this year then I can remember for a long time.

You bet ya! I haven't seen a jackrabbit in about 3 years around my place. I recall some years back when I was a kid and would run them down then catch them, but now I wouldn't mess with them (there are just not many of them now). Now as the cotton tail goes, you would see some every now and then but now they are everywhere. They are not bad enough yet to worry about eating all the vegetation thou. They say that a rabbit and a coyote go hand and hand. If the coyote pop. is up then the rabbit pop. is down. I don't know if this is true are not thou. Another saying is that a rabbit has something like a seven year gen. cycle.

We also have an overabundance of toads. There are baby toads bouncing around everywhere. When my sister was about three, she had been in the house for a couple hours after playing outside. My mom asked her what she had in her pocket. Her reply, "a baby frog." Kinda took Mom by surprise. :)

Latest posts