• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Multinational Number!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Weather boys are now saying that the arctic fronts that are diving south about Wednesday have the potential to send us record lows...Potentially as cold as -40...

I hate to hear that-but it is the only Canuck temperature I can easily convert without my cheat sheet :roll: ......

Well keep the door closed old timer,dont need that mess down here,bout 32 is plenty cold enough for me,my blood is too thin ta tolerate that kinda weather.............good luck

Oldtimer said:
Weather boys are now saying that the arctic fronts that are diving south about Wednesday have the potential to send us record lows...Potentially as cold as -40...

I hate to hear that-but it is the only Canuck temperature I can easily convert without my cheat sheet :roll: ......

Looked on DTN (they aren't always right), predicting highs in single digits middle of the week, winter is here hi ho hi ho, we weaned calves off the 2 & 3 yr old cows today we'll see how THAT goes

VERY COLD AIR ARRIVES BEHIND 2 ARCTIC COLD FRONTS. THE FIRST ARRIVES TUE NIGHT...THE 2ND THU MORN. RATHER LIMITED MOISTURE AND UPPER SUPPORT WITH THE FRONTS...BUT EACH FRONT APPEARS STRONG ENOUGH FOR A CHANCE OF A LITTLE LIGHT SNOW JUST BEHIND THE FRONTS. NOT TOO EXCITED ABOUT AMOUNTS WITH EITHER THOUGH. THEN A STRONG ARCTIC SURFACE HIGH MOVES DIRECTLY FROM NUNUVAT AND INTO MONTANA BY THU NIGHT AND FRIDAY BRINGING CLEARING SKIES. THICKNESSES FALL BELOW 500 DM BY THU. 00Z GFS JUST SLIGHTLY LESS COLD THAN PAST FEW RUNS...BUT STILL DROPS 850 MB TEMPS TO 30C IN OUR NORTH THU. WITH OTHER MODELS LOOKING SIMILAR...MAJOR LOWERING OF TEMPS IN ORDER. OPERATIONAL GFS IS THE COLDEST ENSEMBLE MEMBER...AND IT USUALLY PAYS TO GO LOWER THAN THAT WITH AN MAJOR ARCTIC OUTBREAK. POTENTIAL FOR -40F LOW IN OUR AREA...BUT TEMPERED BY THE FACT IT IS PAST PEAK OF THE COLD SEASON...AND GROUND IS CURRENTLY BARE OF SNOW...AND ALSO GREAT DOUBTS ABOUT WHAT NEW SNOW WE GET TO HAVE A BIG INFLUENCE.

This is almost hard to believe after todays weather---sunshine, no wind and temps in the mid 50's...I can sure see how some of the pioneers of old before scientific weather predictions could get caught out unprepared....They're now saying temps probably around 20 to 25 below for us Friday night- with the potential it could get to that 40 below.......BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

For us, we generally get one more cold snap before March. One year it snowed 13 inches here at the first part of March. In the mountains, they only got a couple of inches. It had been warm and mild and a lot of farmers had started field work. So, I am always wary of nice Feb Weather,

Makes Oct/Nov calving pretty attractive,

PPRM

Latest posts