• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Murphy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Besides hospital blizzard blew in late last Mon-we, lost front drive line on tractor. Neighbors haul out some hay and plowed roads while I was gone. hoping part be here wed. now forecast of super cold wind chills
I hope you have a heated shop to repair it in. I lost the throw-out bearing on my 4WD International one winter at -10F and had to build a tent around it and string out a couple of 20A extension cords to run two electric heaters.

I hope you have a heated shop to repair it in. I lost the throw-out bearing on my 4WD International one winter at -10F and had to build a tent around it and string out a couple of 20A extension cords to run two electric heaters.
the closest business to us that not 20 miles away is Kruters , just 5 miles down the cabin creek road on the highway.

the closest business to us that not 20 miles away is Kruters , just 5 miles down the cabin creek road on the highway.
That is the best way to live. When I was in the mountain range land, the nearest business of any kind was 15 miles.

Growing up in Colorado, it was 30 miles to town, but 5 miles away was a small country store with one gas and one diesel pump. I have lots of memories of that little store and the old Italian couple that ran it. They paid me 50 cents a dozen for my eggs and sold them for 60 cents. I had them ready to sell so they had to do nothing and I even put them in the cooler for them. They always had a slice of pizza for me.

The nice thing about them is they were competitive with their prices on many things that they ordered once a month when the salesman would deliver the items from the month before. Things like ammo and even guns sold 10% above wholesale if you wanted to wait Their grocery and gas prices were a bit higher but not like some small stores that doubled prices on everything they stocked. They also ranched so that helped keep things real.

I grew up in a town of 300 people, out in the middle of nowhere. It was an oil town.
We had a bar, a post office, grade school and a grocery store. Continental Oil built a
community center where church was held and any other upcoming events. We felt so blessed to have that "Red Triangle" community hall. We had Friday night movies there, some were scary, then us kids had to walk home. We had phones at home so we checked with each other so we knew we all made it home safely. 😂

The grocery store was well stocked, I don't know the prices except for comic books. They were ten cents and I could hardly wait for Friday when the new comic
books came in. Us kids made sure we didn't buy the same ones as we traded around. Some of them were pretty worn when they got to the last kid. Mr. FH watches mostly old westerns on tv and there was one playing with Lash LaRue. He had never heard of Lash LaRue. I knew about it from reading comic books from the Linch grocery store. 😊I really do think those comic books helped me to love to read.

Our closest store not owner by the Devil is 40 miles away. We used to have a nice little country store that sold gas and burgers and amazing burritos and assorted groceries and such. Then the complete waste of skin who currently owns it bought it and no one in our valley will even think of going there. He stays afloat gouging out towners on gas. A man who wouldn't donate anything to a community gathering to help a family whose daughter fought and died or cancer isn't worth the powder it would take to blow him to hell. I will go help the SOB pack the day he leaves and promises never to come back. If that store burnt down, I'd take a lawn chair and marshmallows and cheer for the damn fire!!!

Our closest store not owner by the Devil is 40 miles away. We used to have a nice little country store that sold gas and burgers and amazing burritos and assorted groceries and such. Then the complete waste of skin who currently owns it bought it and no one in our valley will even think of going there. He stays afloat gouging out towners on gas. A man who wouldn't donate anything to a community gathering to help a family whose daughter fought and died or cancer isn't worth the powder it would take to blow him to hell. I will go help the SOB pack the day he leaves and promises never to come back. If that store burnt down, I'd take a lawn chair and marshmallows and cheer for the damn fire!!!
Some people are so miserable they want everyone else to be miserable.
This is tragic, 'H. So sorry.

Latest posts