• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Music- links to songs we all like

Help Support Ranchers.net:

This is a great idea, 'H.
Chris LeDoux Johnson County War
I didn't know this song existed but almost everyone in the west has heard of the Johnson County Cattle War. I leaned of it when my brother and sister-in-law sang and played this song for the 1st responders last Saturday night. I can't say it is my favorite song, but it has a lot of history. Chris LeDoux lived right in the area where the JC Cattle War took place. The ranch where I used to go in the summer had bullet holes from the Cattle War. It is now located at the TA Ranch where the main fight was located. There is a lot of history on that ranch and the owners have restored it. If you ever get this way, I recommend a visit to the TA Ranch. Anyway, Chris LeDoux does an amazing job with this song, IMO.

I always liked this song. Probably for 2 reasons. I relate to it. And it was on a tape I bought directly from Chris at a rodeo (I think it was Puyallup) in 1974. At that point Chris was selling tapes out of the trunk of his car.

ReRide- Chris Ledoux - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

Video for Chris Ledoux Reride

2:07

ReRide is a good song by Chris Ledoux.Don't forget to comment and leave your suggestions in the comment section below.
Feb 23, 2018 · Uploaded by John Doe

I got to meet Chris several times. Seemed to be a good human being. Enjoyed my visits with him. Bet I saw him in concert 35 times. He used to come to Utah several times a year before he blew up and got popular. Bought cassette tapes from his wife after concerts. He was sure fun to see in concert. After he got popular a bucking machine would rise up out of the stage and he'd be laid back spurring on a bare back horse singing "Bare Back Jack" to open his concert. Fun times for sure.
Not a fan of the Bon Jovi deal. And not a fan of Springsteen either, but Chris did some nice covers of a few of his songs. I much prefer the older cowboy stuff he did.

Latest posts