• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures 2010

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
These pictures are the next years crop 2010. They are referred to by the BLM as the Onaqui Band. We are able to walk around in the band as long as we go slow and don't make any sudden moves.

There is another band about twenty miles north, referred to as the Cedar Mountain Band. They don't have to see you, if they even smell you, they are gone. It's much harder to get pictures of those.

The first pictures is, last years buckskin filly.
Dugway10thJune2010147.jpg

The paint mare with her 2010 baby.
Dugway10thJune2010152.jpg

Dugway10thJune2010161.jpg

Dugway10thJune2010157copy.jpg

Family Portrate
Dugway10thJune2010159.jpg

Dugway10thJune2010155.jpg

Those are some good looking horses. Looks to me like I need to come out and try catching some of them.

The BLM strongly frowns upon anyone doing anything good with a mustang unless they can spend ten thousand dollars a horse first so they can turn around and adopt it out for $125. :shock: :? Back in the day, a quick horse and a long rope was all a guy needed to have some colts to start. Those days are long behind us, sadly. I love mustangs and wish the powers that be would manage them better or allow guys like me to chase them and make good horses out of them. But they seem to want to continue to use them as pawns to end public land grazing, mining, off-roading, ect.

Anyway, great pictures of a symbol of the American west. :D Next time you are in my area Mustang, remember to whistle at me.

To 'H

You can bet on it,,,,

We hesitate to head out that way when it's cold and or muddy. Some of those two track roads make getting around risky, for a couple of old guys.

However, we will make it,,,, I always enjoy people who like mustangs,,,
(There ain't too many of us left.")lol

PS. I'm with Lazy WP, nothing in the world would be for fun that to rope some of them,,,, but that 10 years in jail and $10,000.00 is a little too much to pay for a broom tail. lol

Latest posts