• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures 2011 band

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
The paint mare had the buckskin in 2009, the paint in 2010 and a palomino in 2011. The grula stud was hanging around all the time,, but I think the one eared palomino stud may have had some influence on the 2011 crop, and also the palomino colt that is belongs to the buckskin mare.

June Pictures

HoreV_GovCreek27thJune2011043.jpg

Dugway1stJune2010041-1.jpg

Dugway1stJune2010048.jpg

Dugway1stJune2010088.jpg

August Pictures

August162011GovCreek_DavisMtn052-1.jpg

August162011GovCreek_DavisMtn076-1.jpg

Dugway1stJune2010160-1.jpg

Dugway1stJune2010139.jpg

It will be interesting to see who becomes the sire to the new crop of
colts this spring.

Great pictures, again!! I still think I want to run them. Come on H lets give it a try!

looks like they gots lots of room to roam. looks like neat country with those mtns in the background.

is the cheat grass bad in that country - went over to bend oregon one year and i can't remember where i hit it but anything that wasn't farmed was overtaken with it.

looks like they gots lots of room to roam. looks like neat country with those mtns in the background.

is the cheat grass bad in that country - went over to bend oregon one year and i can't remember where i hit it but anything that wasn't farmed was overtaken with it.

A lot of room is right, the military has Dugway out there, and from there to the Nevada border, there isn't much but sage brush and June grass. There is some cheat grass or what we call bunch grass that the mustangs live on. The big problem is the lack of water. The BLM has piped water to a number of troughs with a 10 mile radius, which is great in the summer for both cows and horses. In the winter the troughs freeze over, so the mustangs live on snow and thoughts of spring.

We have a weed with a small yellow flower that is taking over our state. I don't think any animal will eat it. No one seems to get to excited about
doing anything to control it.

Latest posts