• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures--------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Calenders: Now the big problem. How do we decide which 12 pictures are going to be used. Is there a way for each of you can go back through the ones I've posted and pick what you like ?

I have two favorites, you know which they are. Just choose one from me.
Probably the running palamino would fit best. On calendars it's best to
pick photos where the subject is larger. Too many items in one picture
makes it harder to see the subject. FWIW

Do you have them on Photo bucket? If so that would be easy to look at and vote for

I think a calender is a great idea! My wife has done this for Christmas gifts several times, using family pictures of the past year. She has used Snapfish and Shutterfly. They turned out very nice. I don't know how much they cost but she says they offer pre-Christmas sales. She did multiple photos for each month and put individual family member's photos on their birthdays, so I'm sure there are many ways to be creative with this.

I think you should choose the pictures yourself, Mustang. You know the horses personally and surely have a dozen favorites. I think you should also caption each photograph with your insight about the scene and a short story about what is being viewed.

Count me in for one too. I agree with FH that you should autograph them for us. Once you are famous, a signed copy will be worth a fortune!!

Faster horses said:
Isn't it just nuts that we who like blooded horses, like mustang's mustangs???? :D

For me, it's the way Mustang has captured the beauty of the scenic area where he lives and his knowledge of the wild mustangs he loves, that make his photography so enjoyable. The horses look much better than I would have expected as well.

JF Ranch said:
I think a calender is a great idea! My wife has done this for Christmas gifts several times, using family pictures of the past year. She has used Snapfish and Shutterfly. They turned out very nice. I don't know how much they cost but she says they offer pre-Christmas sales. She did multiple photos for each month and put individual family member's photos on their birthdays, so I'm sure there are many ways to be creative with this.

I think you should choose the pictures yourself, Mustang. You know the horses personally and surely have a dozen favorites. I think you should also caption each photograph with your insight about the scene and a short story about what is being viewed.

Count me in for one too. I agree with FH that you should autograph them for us. Once you are famous, a signed copy will be worth a fortune!!

I don't expect to be here long enough to be famous. I just excited that someone likes what I like. I've got a lot of pictures, but not too many that qualify for calendars. All these comments have increased my hat size a couple of notches though.

My grand daughter is coming by today to educate me about Photobucket. Hopefully you will have pictures to choose from in the next day or so. I'd feel a lot better if I had some idea which pictures you people like. I don't feel I can be objective, being I took them all. I reviewed about 2000 last night and came up with 150 possibilities. Way too many to get this done quickly.

For whatever it is worth.... any of them would make GREAT calendar pictures!! My favorite of this bunch is the second to the last, or maybe the one of the studs fighting, orr..... all of them!!
You do such an awesome job, and know them so well, you ought to put together a coffee table picture book. :lol:

LazyWP said:
For whatever it is worth.... any of them would make GREAT calendar pictures!! My favorite of this bunch is the second to the last, or maybe the one of the studs fighting, orr..... all of them!!
You do such an awesome job, and know them so well, you ought to put together a coffee table picture book. :lol:

Now you are talking REAL money. :shock: But it would be nice... :D

I talked to the local print shop, and they think they can be under $20/calender. She is supposed to call me back with final prices. That was for 100 calenders.

JF Ranch said:
Faster horses said:
Isn't it just nuts that we who like blooded horses, like mustang's mustangs???? :D

For me, it's the way Mustang has captured the beauty of the scenic area where he lives and his knowledge of the wild mustangs he loves, that make his photography so enjoyable. The horses look much better than I would have expected as well.

Hi JF,,, Maybe its like that old saying,,,, The further away they are, the better they look. However I think they look pretty nice. Especially in the spring when they loose their long hair.

Latest posts